Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shops in Dublin currently stocking maternity clothes

Options
  • 30-06-2017 9:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

I couldn't see a recent thread about this so here goes...

Where can I find maternity clothes in an actual shop in Dublin? Have been to Jojo Maman Bébé in Wicklow Street and also Mothercare and H & M in Pavilions in Swords. Where else should I go? (FYI Jojo Maman Bébé has a decent range, Mothercare seemed to have mostly underwear and nightwear - I've never been a fan of their maternity clothes anyway, and H & M had an okay selection, if you like H & M stuff.)

Last time out (2015!) Debenhams in Henry Street had a decent range, as did New Look in Jervis. I think I also got clothes in New Look in Blanchardstown.

I know I should just go online but I am trying to avoid that. Just not a fan of the whole online thing. I much prefer to see the physical item of clothing in front of me, try it on there and then and make a decision to buy or not to buy!

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

There's a big New Look in liffey valley so I'd imagine they'd have the maternity range in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

Penneys in Liffey Valley has a small range, mostly work stuff and nightwear. Right down by the changing rooms on the ground floor.
    Upstairs in New Look in Liffey valley. NEXT also do maternity wear. H&M in Liffey Valley and by Stephens Green have a decent range too. I love their breastfeeding tops.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Honestly.....mostly online.Jojo have a better selection online.H&M brilliant for strap tops for breastfeeding and some light tops and also tights (mainly black) and leggings, mothercare good for tops and pjs and tracksuit bottoms (!)....m&s have excellent breastfeeding/maternity bras.Dunnes have sheer maternity tights under their Andrea Belucci(or something like that!!!) range.Gap actually do mat clothes too, but mainly online.New Look have some in the shops.Oh, Topshop Stephen's green do jeans.I like to try on my jeans!!And Seraphine online do pricier stuff but their fit is vry good so you won't go too far wrong.
    It's a total pain that there isn't more in the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Jixa

I found Next the best. At least for jeans anyway. I got one denim and one black jeans, both over the bump, for €30 each about 15 weeks ago. I wear them for 2 days each and then wash them both and Ive been doing that since I got them and they're still absolutely perfect. I just live in them they're so comfortable! I got one over bump leggings in there too and they're perfect, if not a tiny bit long for my short legs! But they're the only place I could find the over bump leggings.

I got a pair of under bump jeans in New Look and thought they were absolutely sh*te so never went back and they were dumped straight into the bin after two wears. Topshop can do nice bits and sometimes have great sales on them. I got a pair of underbump jeans for €5 in house of Fraser Dundrum ages ago and they're brill too, still not as good as next though in my opinion but they've got the rips at the knee going on so good for a more casual look!

ASOS also have a brilliant range online, but I think it's sooo risky ordering online so make sure there's free returns or else it could be a massive pain!

Marks and Spencer do a maternity range online on their UK site. Meant to be very good but I've never tried them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

They stock the M&S maternity range at the Bluewater shopping centre in Kent - was there when I was around 8 months pregnant with my son and most of the range looked like it was about 10-15 years too old for me, I was 31 at the time... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Yogaqueen

Hi,

Asos have really nice maternity wear, especially day/ going out dresses. Reasonably priced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Ms. Chanandler Bong

Dorothy Perkins do maternity wear as well, I've got nice work tops there.

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭hcass

I'm looking for a nice dress for a party - have tried ASOS and Serephine but there sizing is all over the place. Everything I ordered looked really sloppy and/or way too big. Dresses look nothing like they do in real life.

I went to Mothercare and couldn't see anything new I liked either. Although I did get a gorgeous Mamalicious dress there a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭An Bhanríon

Thanks for the suggestions, ladies!

One of the things I was looking for was actually a cotton summer dress. Sounds easy, but not so easy to find. Ended up ordering a load of stuff online just so I could try on some dresses. Ended up with a non-cotton dress because the cotton ones either weren't available in my size or they just weren't nice. Anyway, I now have a dress!

Still hate online shopping...

And just to let those 'buying clothes in the shops' people know, Debenhams no longer stock maternity clothes in Henry Street. The shop assistant I asked said lots of people had been in looking for clothes, but they are only stocking maternity online now.

Ah well ... got a decent dress in the Seraphine online sale - not the cheapest, but the best of all the dresses I had ordered. Crikey, some of them looked really bad on!!!

Thanks again.

An B.

Advertisement