Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best lunch spots in Dublin city?

Options
  • 30-06-2017 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what peoples favourite places for lunch around the city are? Include prices if possible!

I'd start with Bunsen Burger on Wexford Street. For a burger, fries and drink it's around 12 euro but the burger is top notch!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Bear on South William St do a good lunch menu. Personally love the minute steak with fries for 10 euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Salamanca. Andrew Street

Two Course lunch for €10 Mon-Fri. €12 Sat-Sun.

We've been going years, menu changes four times a year.

Love the steak/pepper sauce and Chroizo Burger.

And the Ham Cheese Croquette starters are to die for.

Add wine for around €4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,147 ✭✭✭Passenger

For a good sandwich, Deli 147 on Parnell Street. Usually in or around €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,157 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

La Cave, South Anne Street. Two course lunch for €14.

http://lacavewinebar.com/lunch-menu/

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

Green Bench just beside Coppers do amazing sandwiches. Take away only though. Its like €6.50

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Montos on Camden Street, opposite the Bleeding Horse. The pizzas, cod and Philly steak sandwich get a special mention and the lasagne, chicken and pasta dishes and curry are great too. A main and drink is about €10-11. Lovely place and the staff are friendly too.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

For a big feed, Pitt Bros [Millennium Walkway and Georges Street] do a burger, fries, drink and ice-cream for €10. Likely to have you falling asleep at your desk later on due its size!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

I must try that, I believe the Pitts Bros Gang are they ones behind Block Burger, who do mighty fine burgers.
    ixoy wrote: »
    For a big feed, Pitt Bros [Millennium Walkway and Georges Street] do a burger, fries, drink and ice-cream for €10. Likely to have you falling asleep at your desk later on due its size!

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Drummerboy2

La Bon Crubeen on Talbot Street is top notch.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

umi falafel on dame street are amazing. lunch deal is like wrap/potato bravas/drink for €7.50.

Blazing salads on drury street are great but only takeaway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭wordofwarning

umi falafel on dame street are amazing. lunch deal is like wrap/potato bravas/drink for €7.50.

I had Umi Falafel and I thought it was fine. Nothing special or amazing. I wouldn't be pushed to go there again in a hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Umm Falafel are ok. There seemed to be a lot of buzz around it. There is fresh sides but the falafel itself is only ok, they are small so cook quickly. Deep fried balls of chickpea is never going to rock my world. When I was there it seemed over cooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭boobycharlton

Homemade sambo in the people's gardens in the Phoeno is my favourite spot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Aobaba on Capel Street is a great Vietnamese place.

They do a fantastic bowl of Pho for about 6.00 EUR or a Banh Mi Sandwich for 4.50, I recommend the grilled pork. Fantastic light fresh and vibrant flavours.

They do a selection of Bubble teas also. Have found it has become increasingly busy over the last year. I guess more people are finding this gem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

J2 sushi on the corner of poolbeg / Hawkins st.
    Genuine Japanese . Gets jammed at lunch though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,470 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Doughboys at the bottom of Camden Street, near the Bleeding Horse for gourmet sandwiches. Just got an Italian Sub for 7 euro, very nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Blas cafe on Kings Inns street. Never seems to be packed, possibly because it's a little bit out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

J2 sushi on the corner of poolbeg / Hawkins st.
    Genuine Japanese . Gets jammed at lunch though!

Is that the same people that had the one on the quays outside citigroup? They were far from a genuine Japanese.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Aobaba on Capel Street is a great Vietnamese place.

ffs, don't tell people about Aobaba it's packed all the time as is!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭howiya

retalivity wrote: »
    Is that the same people that had the one on the quays outside citigroup? They were far from a genuine Japanese.

Same crowd. One on Hawkins Street is called Japanese Kitchen by J2. Haven't been in either but walked past it today

• Advertisement

Montos on Camden Street, opposite the Bleeding Horse. The pizzas, cod and Philly steak sandwich get a special mention and the lasagne, chicken and pasta dishes and curry are great too. A main and drink is about €10-11. Lovely place and the staff are friendly too.

Ate there today. Liked it a lot, had the Mexican wrap for 6.50. Very reasonable prices also, 7.50 for a pizza!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Green Bench cafe and eating sandwich in the Iveagh Gardens

RasTa wrote: »
    Green Bench cafe and eating sandwich in the Iveagh Gardens

Had the Rosemary Chicken sandwich there the other day, very tasty and reasonable, 6.50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I'm a brisket man, maybe once or twice a month. I arrive late and the chicken has always being sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,675 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Green bench do the best sambos in town, the BBQ pulled pork is amazing! <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Green bench, 147 Deli and The Legal Eagle.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

From Mexico to Rome down in Temple Bar is a great - they do a 2 course lunch and a glass of wine for a tenner 7 days a week -

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Ush1 wrote: »
    Doughboys at the bottom of Camden Street, near the Bleeding Horse for gourmet sandwiches. Just got an Italian Sub for 7 euro, very nice.

Yeah this place is good. The Dirty Bob (meatballs) and the Chicken and Chorizo are both my recommendations.

Not sure how long it's open but it's getting busier all the time. Which is a good sign as it would mostly be repeat customers.

Advertisement