Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with possible fault on PIR on quantam 70

Options
  • 30-06-2017 2:31pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭

HI, I have a hkc quantum 70, I have a PIR in the shed, this is active on full & part set,
    on full set it, the alarm activated twice in 30 mins with a PIR action...
    last night, it active 3 times on part set(night time mode) even though on the 2/3 time I had inhibited it 0#7 * 12 YES that's the way I went about it
    when I press the * I selected 12(the zone) and "yes"
    I have changed the battery in the pir last week, could the pir just be faulty and need replacement, there was a few cobwebs in front of it last week I cleared them, hardly a spider is walking across it and covering the sensor ?
    Should I reduce the sensitivity, or remove it from the system for the moment so it doesn't go off during the night?
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

You should replace it with a duel tec. The one you have isn't suitable for that environment.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You should replace it with a duel tec. The one you have isn't suitable for that environment.
    Ok, i will look that up on the hkc website, never heard of a dual one before, would you know what options I could go into to remove the pir?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Lenny wrote: »
    Ok, i will look that up on the hkc website, never heard of a dual one before, would you know what options I could go into to remove the pir?

To remove or add any wireless devices you will need the engineer code.
    Have you engineer access to this panel?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

KoolKid wrote: »
    To remove or add any wireless devices you will need the engineer code.
    Have you engineer access to this panel?

Yes

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

To remove the device, in engineer mode goto
    DEVICES
    RF DEVICES MENU
    REMOVE RF DEVICES.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

You can set it to be double knock and reduce the sensitivity in the menus to

Sorry for my ignorance but what is double knock? Is it something like when it detects two movements?

Its a setting where the PiR has to basically activate twice before triggering the alarm.
    It wouldn't be my recommendation as a long term solution.Duel Tec would be a better fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Set the sensitivity to low. I've these in the strangest places.

Double knock means the sensor has to trigger twice or trigger for a slightly longer than normal duration.

Advertisement