Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Tour de France Stage 1 - 13km - Dusseldorf TT

Options
  • 30-06-2017 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭

CARTE.jpg
    PROFIL.png
    PROFILKMS.png
    Christian Prudhomme's comment

Of the 13 kilometres of the inaugural time-trial course, close to 10 will be set on the banks of the Rhine river or the bridges above it… and bends can be counted on the fingers of both hands! There will be no or almost no mystery: the “rouleurs” will have their word to say. In this speciality where a new generation is showing up, a multiple world-champion boosted by the support of his fans could well be the fastest man.

Odds
    Tony Martin 6/4
    Primoz Roglic 9/4
    Jos Van Emden 5
    Stefan Kung 8
    Jonathan Castroviejo 18
    Alex Dowsett 16
    Jasha Sutterlin 22

canyon_x_kraftwerk_4-1498659066740-eutw1dbjxt6p-630-80.jpg

And don't forget the concert afterwards, which will likely put the cycling in the shade!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

I'd like to see Phinney get a good result here.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Decuc500 wrote: »
    I'd like to see Phinney get a good result here.

He can be had at 100/1 seems very long odds for him, maybe worth an e/w punt?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Inquitus wrote: »

Definitely worth a punt if I was a gambling man! He hasn't got his form back yet from before his horrible injury a few years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Strap yourself in for 3 weeks of Bora, Alpecin & Israeli Tourist Boars ads ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

neris wrote: »

"I love this cooking revolution"

• Advertisement

neris wrote: »

Ahhh that Israeli Tourist board ad has a special place in my heart, stirs some great memories of when I met my partner and being led around a foreign city :o

.....we actually looked into a Bora cooker after the Giro so brainwashed were we at that stage, she assures me I don't need the Alpecin just yet though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

And they are off !!!

CARTE.jpg

PROFIL.png

Further information here:
    http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2017/us/stage-1.html

Favourites to take the 1st stage and yellow jersey must be

Martin (Tony) ,Roglic, Kung, Castroviejo, Matthews or Kwiatkowski

TV Times (GMT) :
    Eurosport UK : 1.45pm
    ITV4 : 2pm

Tour start list here :
    http://www.procyclingstats.com/race/Tour_de_France_2017_Startlist

Podcasts:
    http://www.itv.com/tourdefrance/podcast
    https://thecyclingpodcast.com/
    http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/recon-ride-tour-de-france-podcast/

Best Start Timings for the TT so far : https://twitter.com/CaleyFretz/status/880779585398460416

So I will do stages 1 & 2

Feel free for others who comment on here to step in a do some stage profiles

MPFGLB wrote: »
    So I will do stages 1 & 2

Feel free for others who comment on here to step in a do some stage profiles

I'll do stage 1 ;)

• Advertisement

Looks like AG2R didn't want Bardet pant shamed by Froome!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Too many years in the wilderness recently to warrant any lower odds.

Ahhh that Israeli Tourist board ad has a special place in my heart, stirs some great memories of when I met my partner and being led around a foreign city :o

.....we actually looked into a Bora cooker after the Giro so brainwashed were we at that stage, she assures me I don't need the Alpecin just yet though :D

I have a Bora hob. Love it.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »

How much does a bora hob go for, tried to google prices during the Giro, couldn't find anything?

How much does a bora hob go for, tried to google prices during the Giro, couldn't find anything?

About €2,800 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭pajor

I use chemist own brand caffeine based shampoo. :pac:

I'm getting all smug again about having ad free Tour on TV. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

Ahhh that Israeli Tourist board ad has a special place in my heart, stirs some great memories of when I met my partner and being led around a foreign city
    That israeli tourist board ad has a special place in my heart because the model in it has an arse that could crack walnuts. #stunner.

As for the stage, der panzerwagon for yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

About €2,800 or so.

Must be great to have that kind of money to keep the wife happy and in the kitchen :P

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Does it include the inbuilt extractor? I'd like one for that. Not least as our (thankfully only rented) apartment has a poorly designed kitchen with the extractor hood at the perfect height for whacking my head off.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭All My Stars Aligned

I'd sell a kidney for that bike, would I get 10k for one?

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    Does it include the inbuilt extractor? I'd like one for that. Not least as our (thankfully only rented) apartment has a poorly designed kitchen with the extractor hood at the perfect height for whacking my head off.

Yup. Works really well and the absence of a big extractor hood is great.

421172.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

De Bhál wrote: »
    "I love this cooking revolution"

Or is it
    " I lorve dis cook-kinge wreveloultion"

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Subpopulus

I'd sell a kidney for that bike, would I get 10k for one?

Yes. PM sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

Kwiatkowski has done some great short tt's before though not sure would they have been a bit lumpier. Think though it was just qa question of raw speed & power. My leftfield hunch mention would be Kittel to put in a big performance.

Controversy. On various fronts.

Apart from Boards members' rivalries regarding race threads, riders who ride MPFGLB's tt will have to go a full km further than Inquitus's. Time gaps could be significant.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

pelevin wrote: »

Apart from Boards members' rivalries riders who ride MPFGLB's tt will have to go a full km further than Inquitus's. Time gaps could be significant.

Breakaway over, they're all back together.

Apart from Boards members' rivalries regarding race threads, riders who ride MPFGLB's tt will have to go a full km further than Inquitus's. Time gaps could be significant.

It is 14km...I checked
    MPFGLB wrote: »
    Sorry for not replying but don't want to get caught doing the lion share

I am happy to do stage 1 & 2

Are there other volunteers... Blaa man ? Conclavous (sic ?) Darkglasses ?

Wrote that in the general Tour thread on 27th June...
    It was the only ones I could do
    Very happy to leave ti to others now though :D:D:D

Breakaway over, they're all back together.

I miss the controversy already.

Kwiatkowski has done some great short tt's before though not sure would they have been a bit lumpier. Think though it was just qa question of raw speed & power. My leftfield hunch mention would be Kittel to put in a big performance.

Have Kwiatkowski in mind for tomorrow too, if he can stay on the bike wasn't he who was off at the Giro TT? He'll be in the Polish TT Jersey too. I'd say he could do top 5 here if he has a good day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

Have Kwiatkowski in mind for tomorrow too, if he can stay on the bike wasn't he who was off at the Giro TT? He'll be in the Polish TT Jersey too. I'd say he could do top 5 here if he has a good day.

I think you might have him mixed up with Kiryienka who took a thumble near the finish line on the TT at the Giro. He's actually not a bad e/w bet at 40/1 he won the world TT in 2015

Advertisement