Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Tour de France Stage 1 - 13km - Dusseldorf TT

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

I was wondering. My memory isn't to be relied on but I couldn't remember Kwiatkowski being in the Giro. For a shorter more explosive tt like this one, right or wrong it's Kwiatkowski rather than Kiryienka I'd be looking at.

Yee are right , always mix those two up :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Why is latour second last to go? Is he the designated AG2R in place of bardet?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

retalivity wrote: »

Yes, I am guessing AG2R wanted to avoid the embarrassment of Bardet being potentially caught by Froome!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

retalivity wrote: »

I'm guessing 2 things

1. He is going late as he is a GC rider for Ag2R and going for the white jersey though not the main GC rider for them... that is Bardet

2. They do not want Bardet to be passed by Froome which could happen and thus destroy his confidence

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Found this handy set of mini-profiles of the entire Tour - http://i.imgur.com/zaTsWPn.png

Black lines are rest days of course. Credit to antiloopje on reddit.com/r/peloton

Who's commentating ???? Please let it be Rob Hatch

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Manufan123

ITV starting with a bang. Straight in with team Sky's issues.

Oh Carlton, how I missed you :o

• Advertisement

Oh ffs Kirby /kicks the cat :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

That start looks well dodgy with those white lines

A rolling commentary team apparently, Rob Hatch will be subbed in later. Probably best solution for everyone, really.

A rolling commentary team apparently, Rob Hatch will be subbed in later. Probably best solution for everyone, really.

I don't really mind Kirby too much just when theres not much happening he's prone to rambling :D

The moto cameras are going to be great in the days to come for switching between the break and main bunch etc. the split view works super well, following 3 guys at once here

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

bouhanni is taking it very handy...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,399 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I know no one likes itv4 coverage but great to have it on free to air, so I'm delighted they have extended there coverage until 2023.
    Having had to find a stream for the lions match this morning.

Anyone know if Jonathan Harris-Bass will be back this year to teach us about the local cuisine?

Anyone know if Jonathan Harris-Bass will be back this year to teach us about the local cuisine?

Yes...he has been on already though not talking YET about grub

EDIT : He just mentioned something with grated potatoes and apples for cycling on a wet day....didnt sound too good to me tbh

Well the conditions certainly make things more interesting & iffy. Dusseldorf is I think Kraftwerk's home city - mentioned cos of their huge cycling connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

pelevin wrote: »
    Well the conditions certainly make things more interesting & iffy. Dusseldorf is I think Kraftwerk's home city - mentioned cos of their huge cycling connection.

Canyon have a limited edition Kraftwerk bike, if you have a spare 10 grand or so.
    But, get in quick, there's only 21 of them

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Canyon have a limited edition Kraftwerk bike, if you have a spare 10 grand or so.

Thanks, didn't know that. Must give it a look. I already have a Canyon Roadlite & a Kraftwerk cycling jersey though, otherwise I'd pull the trigger on that in a flash. Unfortunately though my bank would refuse the transaction due to superficial stuff like lack of money so maybe that's just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

I'm guessing the conditions are playing havoc with the timings? Nothing official is popping up on screen and the camera is zooming in on the timing gantry at the finish.

Nico Roche commenting on ITV4 now

Yikes. Hope he's ok. Hope Dan can get round ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Speedo out to make Triathletes out of everyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Nico said on the itv commentary that he has a cut on his knee and also hurt his hip but said that he's fine really.

mhiggy09 wrote: »
    Nico said on the itv commentary that he has a cut on his knee and also hurt his hip but said that he's fine really.

Crashed at Dauphine and it took a few days fro it to hit home

Crashed in 2015 Veulta and same thing...was very bad for a week

Yikes hope he is ok.....esp for Richie..... may have to 'rest' him for a week

• Advertisement

Looks a bit of an ice-rink.

Advertisement