Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location services not showing me in the right place

Options
  • 30-06-2017 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Hi all, have an iPhone 6 and my correct location is not being shown on Google Maps or Maps, sometimes it shows me close enough to where I am and other times I'm miles away. Ive tried reseting the phone, Ive even done a complete reset, switching location services on and off, basically all the things the wonderful wide web suggests.

Its not an issue with my provider Three (if thats possible) because if Im connected to the wifi at home Im still a mile or two away. Any suggestions as its driving me mad that I cant use the phone when Im driving somewhere new and just something thats annoying the hell out of me.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

nihicib2 wrote: »
    Hi all, have an iPhone 6 and my correct location is not being shown on Google Maps or Maps, sometimes it shows me close enough to where I am and other times I'm miles away. Ive tried reseting the phone, Ive even done a complete reset, switching location services on and off, basically all the things the wonderful wide web suggests.

Its not an issue with my provider Three (if thats possible) because if Im connected to the wifi at home Im still a mile or two away. Any suggestions as its driving me mad that I cant use the phone when Im driving somewhere new and just something thats annoying the hell out of me.

Thanks in advance for any advice

It's a faulty GPS antenna I had these problems too. I opened up my 6 and removed a piece of metal tape it's really tiny from the GPS / Wifi antenna and it fixed my problem you might have to get it looked at by someone if you're no comfortable with opening the phone yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

great thanks Ill look into that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

nihicib2 wrote: »
    great thanks Ill look into that

You’re welcome. Do you have weak Wifi too?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

GPS won't work very well indoors or in narrow streets with tall buildings. Ideal location would be with maximum sky visible, so the unit can get signals from as many satellites as possible.

Advertisement