Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mounted light/lamp for over and under shotgun

Options
  • 30-06-2017 5:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Hi i have a baikal o/u shotgun and would like to fit a lamp or good torch to it somehow if possible as i will be hunting alone for forseeable future.
    Anyone fitted torch to o/u?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

i use a night master 800 and clamp on my shotgun sometimes dont always go out lamping with a shotgun but its good craic normally i'd use a rifle if i was going out, what will you be lamping foxes or rabbits,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

Hunter456 wrote: »
    i use a night master 800 and clamp on my shotgun sometimes dont always go out lamping with a shotgun but its good craic normally i'd use a rifle if i was going out, what will you be lamping foxes or rabbits,

Is it easy to clamp to o/u shotgun?
    Either mostly foxes though

just buy one of those figure 8 clamps from ebay or your local gun shop will have them, lamping foxes with a shotgun is hard enough your playing grandmother footsteps to gain up your ground for a shot sometimes they will run in close enough for a shot its frustrating turning on your lamp and the fox is just sitting there out of range.

just buy one of those figure 8 clamps from ebay or your local gun shop will have them, lamping foxes with a shotgun is hard enough your playing grandmother footsteps to gain up your ground for a shot sometimes they will run in close enough for a shot its frustrating turning on your lamp and the fox is just sitting there out of range.

How would you work on of those figure 8 clamps on an over and under? Sorry if thats a stupid question but i cant get my head around how it would work. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

TBH a very tricky and almost custom job to mount lights on a side by side or over under.
    What you could do,but it is a bit of a gunsmiths job as some drilling tapping and or brazing might be required.Would be ro mount a picitinny rail along the side rib of the O/U or underslung on the wooden fore end and then mount somthing like a Sure fire torch or the like under it?Wouldnt advise hanging anything heavier than that on a pictinny mount.
    OR,if you know someone handy with carpentry,get a wooden mount made thats roughly in the shape of theO/U tubes,so somewhat prong shaped,with a light mount under neath and a rubber pull strap with a clip catch type affair to secure it over the top rib.
    OR
    Cheap redneck solution....Duct tape!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement

How would you work on of those figure 8 clamps on an over and under? Sorry if thats a stupid question but i cant get my head around how it would work. Thanks

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SCOPE-BRACKET-CLAMP-MOUNT-FOR-TORCH-LIGHT-CREE-ON-AIR-RIFLE-SHOT-GUN-/201963080323?hash=item2f05f00a83:m:mFsBDtiTyHFTINyPV4r6Qzg

it screws in at the side they are used for shotguns and scopes.

One hole to go round the barrels and other hole for lamp? Would one whole fit round the 2 barrels? There is no gap between barrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

One hole to go round the barrels and other hole for lamp? Would one whole fit round the 2 barrels? There is no gap between barrels.

Put the lamp in one of the clamps.

Put the other clamp around the bottom barrel.

It doesn't have to go around the two barrels.

There does not need to be a gap between the barrels.

If it will not tighten around the bottom barrel...too loose..... just file the holder at each side of the jaws until it clamps tightly to the bottom barrel.

Designed to mount lamp onto a scope...imagine your O/U bottom barrel is the scope....clamp bracket & clamp to it.

You may have to pack out the inside of the clamp with insulation tape / spacers to get it to clamp tightly to the bottom barrel.

Quick-Release-Torch-Clamp-Rifle-Scope-Hunting.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

If you want a clamp that will go around both barrels on the o/u something like this would do it...you would have a strap going across top of barrels...don't know how this would affect aiming or sight picture

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/4PCS-Clamp-Mount-Bracket-For-Streamlight-LED-Torch-Laser-Rifle-Scope-Light-/131862124970?hash=item1eb39859aa:g:ZWcAAOSwuzRXc0N0

$_12.JPG

Thanks a mill J.R

• Advertisement
Advertisement