Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tcr Sl v Izalco Max

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Lads in the market for a new machine at the moment Tcr is a demo focus is new there going to workout around the same price wise B2W e.t.c sram on the tcr is awesome,full DA on the focus ain't too shabby either both very light and great to ride main use racing 1st world problems I know...
    http://www.giant-dublin.ie/en-ie/bikes/model/tcr.advanced.sl.0/28651/99343/
    https://www.focus-bikes.com/de_en/33949-izalco-max-dura-ace.html

If they're working out around the same price I think it just becomes whether you want to go electronic or not. Can't talk hands on about eTap but new DA is fantastic. And of course mechanical is always way easier and cheaper to troubleshoot if something goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Stevieg2009

If they're working out around the same price I think it just becomes whether you want to go electronic or not. Can't talk hands on about eTap but new DA is fantastic. And of course mechanical is always way easier and cheaper to troubleshoot if something goes wrong.

Tbo that's my main issue electronic v mechanical I've always been a mech user tried ultegra Di2 this year on a hire bike can't say I was blown away by it tbo sram did seem very good less fussy just 2 levers does it all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Sarz91

Tbo that's my main issue electronic v mechanical I've always been a mech user tried ultegra Di2 this year on a hire bike can't say I was blown away by it tbo sram did seem very good less fussy just 2 levers does it all

Can you test ride them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

They're sure as sh1t not the same price new, so if they're the same price to you then it has to be the dearer bike to maximise the bargain / value.

Giant all the way.

Sarz91 wrote: »
    Can you test ride them?

I have tested the tcr it is flawless,I rode the advanced pro on hire this year with ultegra di2 loved the bike hence the reason for the change wasn't blown away by the di2 the sram is less fussy and really works great think I'm trying to talk myself out of it I'd say if it was full DA on it I wouldn't have hesitated I have spent a couple of days going around looking now confusing myself more I think the focus is a cracker also the cables are all external which looks odd in the age of internal cables it's a weight saving thing the experts at focus say....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

Arra Shure would ya not buy the both of them and be done with it.
    😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I have the Izalco Max 1.0 (the Dura Ace Di2 one..) got it on a team sponsorship deal type thing... and I have a lot of other high end machines to compare it to.

I wasn't sold on Focus initially, I considered them a budget brand but the Izalco Max (perhaps helped from when their parent group PON bought Cervelo) is as good as anything on the market. I suspect looking at the weight etc.. and going on the feel that it is a Cervelo layup in a Focus mould because it feels uncannily similar to the Cervelo R series bikes I have owned (the higher end ones.. not the cheaper models).

Giant is a fine bike too. But for me its a no brainer, Focus is the better bike in my opinion. There are 4 of them in my club, all happy campers.

rtmie wrote: »
    ��

If life was only that simple as I said I've little to be worried about stressing about which overpriced bike to buy 🙈

Quigs Snr wrote: »
    I have the Izalco Max 1.0 (the Dura Ace Di2 one..) got it on a team sponsorship deal type thing... and I have a lot of other high end machines to compare it to.

I wasn't sold on Focus initially, I considered them a budget brand but the Izalco Max (perhaps helped from when their parent group PON bought Cervelo) is as good as anything on the market. I suspect looking at the weight etc.. and going on the feel that it is a Cervelo layup in a Focus mould because it feels uncannily similar to the Cervelo R series bikes I have owned (the higher end ones.. not the cheaper models).

Giant is a fine bike too. But for me its a no brainer, Focus is the better bike in my opinion. There are 4 of them in my club, all happy campers.
    Thanks for your imput I'd agree on your cervelo idea got a similar impression as I'm currently on a cervelo similar feel alright...

��

If life was only that simple as I said I've little to be worried about stressing about which overpriced bike to buy 🙈
    You mentioned they are available at same price to you, would getting g the focus at lower price influence you. There always appear to be good offers for them on German sites.

https://www.bunnyhop.de/en/bikes/road/focus-izalco-max-dura-ace-20167

• Advertisement

You mentioned they are available at same price to you, would getting g the focus at lower price influence you. There always appear to be good offers for them on German sites.

https://www.bunnyhop.de/en/bikes/road/focus-izalco-max-dura-ace-20167

If I'm honest my heart is with the tcr i rode a hire model in Mallorca this year and was so impressed it was never really on my radar before then the etap is superb again something I never considered

Sounds like your minds made up so. Good luck with it.

Sounds like your minds made up so. Good luck with it.

Thank you very much for your imput

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

You mentioned they are available at same price to you, .....

My reading in that was price was not an issue, it was beat bike first, price not a deciding factor.

OP
    Both seem excellent bikes. I was looking at the BMC Teammachine SLR01 with full DA, just under 6k. Out of my range but sweet.

Choose wisely and enjoy!

Advertisement