Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Societal divisions/cliques - the empowerment of men vs women

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭FunnyHow?

Alright so - I think from the most recent query, and that other poster that was saying, "so behave indifferent, and that will equal the stakes between men and women" - there seems to be this misunderstanding that, indifference is an approach, or a premeditated behavioural strategy.

Now - I did attempt to differentiate between that, and what I am referring to, in the opening posts.
    But - I shall come at it from another angle.

Say - let me paint a picture most can relate to.

Like the above dude said; you're in a nightclub.

Say, you're by yourself, in said nightclub.

Can anyone relate to that?
    You're friends have gone missing, you haven't seen them for a while - you're all alone.
    Everyone around you is having fun.

How do you feel?

Awkward, fearful, "oh my God, look at me. These people think I'm a loner!!".

Very, self conscious, right?

Recall I said at the top - dudes who are perceived as being alone at social venues - it's like there's an instinctive "creeper" label attached to them, hmm?

There is one extenuating circumstance however, where this will not be the case.

If - the chicks, and girls, and females that are observing this loner - despite the fact that he's, from their vantage point, a loner - if they think, that he's hot.

Hmm?

Let me say that again.

If they think, that he's hot.

"Hell - he's a creeper?
    All the better!!
    Let him come creep on me!!
    Happydays - he's hot!!"

And I mean hot - not from the point of view of, "he's Mr Popular".

I mean, purely in the physically, carnally, get your clothes off - attractive sense.

Primarily - the latter two points of indifference.
    Body.
    Presentation.

And the first point most definitely ties in there also, in that, when you've got it going on, personally, good things happening in your life, you're developed and committed in areas you're interested in - there's a certain, "energy" - like a personal enthusiasm, about the way you carry yourself.

That is, super hot.
    Super hot.
    It is for me when I see it in girls.
    And I know that, when I'm on form, it's definitely a point of leverage for myself also.

Bottom line here being - indifference:

I used the synonym, "cool".

It's not necessarily about ignoring people.

Hell - if you're going out trying to hook up and meet the opposite gender, you're going to have a pretty hard time doing it, if you flat out ignore everyone all night, hmm?
    That's not rocket science.

It's about - being able to look someone the eye, and not. convey, sexual desire. overtly.

That - is unfake'able.

And that, turns chicks on like crazy.

That - is indifference.

And to cap it off - let me again say - that is indifference.

And that is achieved - via the Lamborghini, Mercedes analogy.

That is achieved, by excelling than them, more so, is the areas pertinent to physical attraction.

In short - that is achieved - by being, "hotter", than they are.

No short cuts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Is there an 'off' switch?

Is there an 'off' switch?

Tell me, Professor; and I'm sure you have an opinion on this, cause I've yet to meet someone who doesn't but - how, would you - yes you - characterize, what one refers to as a, "real man", hmm?

A "real man".

An "alpha male".

Open to the floor; not just the Professor.

Opinions plz.

There are many factors that make a man a 'real' man, it's not open to narrow definition. You don't have to be a lumberjack or a genius at manual stuff, or earn a fortune or drive a huge car. A self assured manner, a person not prone to self-doubt, a flexible and open minded person who is interested in others and has interesting things to say, someone who neither seeks nor needs the approval of others to know a course of action is the right one, a good command of language and extensive use of good manners. All those things and more are indicative not only of a 'real' man, but of a properly functioning, accomplished and good-to-be-around adult of either gender.

One thing most people would probably say discounts you from the alpha male/female club would be talking to yourself.

Candie wrote: »
    There are many factors that make a man a 'real' man, it's not open to narrow definition. You don't have to be a lumberjack or a genius at manual stuff, or earn a fortune or drive a huge car.

- A self assured manner, a person not prone to self-doubt,

- a flexible and open minded person who is interested in others and has interesting things to say,

- someone who neither seeks nor needs the approval of others to know a course of action is the right one,

- a good command of language and extensive use of good manners.

All those things and more are indicative not only of a 'real' man, but of a properly functioning, accomplished and good-to-be-around adult of either gender.

One thing most people would probably say discounts you from the alpha male/female club would be talking to yourself.

lol - you were doing alright up until the last line.

Actually - it is narrow definition, and nothing you've said genuinely alludes to it in its complete sense.
    Collectively, it sounds like something a beauty pageant contestant would say.

The things you've listed
    - self assurance
    - cognizance
    - another way of saying, self assured
    - developed personal etiquette/civilized

Self assurance - as I've emphasized, is something most men are reasonably well up upon.
    Women, and it's changing, but historically speaking - tend to be a little more insecure. Thus this, "needing a man in my life" type of agenda.
    i.e. compensation for what they lack in terms of - wut?
    Personal indifference - i.e. self assurance.

"someone who neither seeks nor needs the approval of others to know a course of action is the right one"

This is a basically circuitous way of saying, "personal indifference" - unbeknownst to yourself I'd imagine.

Cognizance and developed etiquette are basically by products of personal development - relative to personal indifference.
    None of the things you've listed are germane to physical development or indifference, or presentational development or indifference.

And, most men - who aren't career welfare recipients, have at least a reasonable degree of self assurance, cognizance, and civility.
    So according to your definitions - most men, are "real" men/alpha males.

This of course, is not the case.
    Illustrated by the fact that, as I've unambiguously made clear, there is a large social gap between men and women in terms of sexual leverages.

The figurative "alpha male", transcends this gap - as we'd associate that figuration, with a man who is highly attractive to women, in the physical/sexual sense.

Given your screen name - I'm assuming you're of the feminine characterization.

If we look back at the early outlays - I've basically illustrated that, the latter two areas of indifference - physical and presentational - are the areas men fall down, and women excel.

I've also illustrated that - I've never actually heard a women allude to a prioritization in her mind at least, regarding the desire for physical or presentational development, in a man - specifically pertaining to, sexualized physical and presentational development; re: often contrary nature of females etc.

PS - the "lumberjack" image, I think it actually turns quite a few men, off the idea of physical development.
    Money and cars - whilst they can contribute to presentational development, or be a product of personal development in a sense, they're really secondary in terms of our focus.

Anyone else care to take a shot?

"Real man" criteria?

What about the figurative "cave man"?

Out, picking up boulders, and knocking out bears.
    Protecting his family with his bare hands.

Is that what we're thinking when we reference, "real men"??

If it is, it's a far cry from the other posters description of personal refinement with no mention of physical development.

I suppose Darwinism is really about this notion that, as we evolve as a species and become more refined, we deviate more from our "true roots", and it's ultimately a compromise to our state of well being.

Does that ring true in any capacity?

I would speculate to a certain degree and say that, traveller culture - it's premise seems to be based on perhaps, staying true to our original roots, no?
    Staying at one with the ol' mother earth.

A fundamental premise of that culture is, to be strong, physically - big and burly (though it is curious that, the men and women do focus on this kind of extravagance, presentationally), and - bare knuckle boxing. To be able to fight with ones bare hands.
    Perhaps relevant to this idea of a "real man", being able to protect his family, in that respect.

Reference back to glorification of traveller culture by Irish youth, attempts at behavioural emulation - means to empowerment?

But then age and maturity encroaches and this realization that, a culture that is almost entirely divergent in terms of humanitarian progression - may not be the most productive aspiration.

So, there's two sides to the argument.

I had a quick glance at the other "feminine" men thread.

Same deal, basically - the area lacks definition of any kind.

You asked for a synopsis, so I'm gonna give you one.

We're talking, sexual attraction - based on sexual attraction.
    Not based on being Mr Popular, Mr Clique, rich, nice car, provision of security etc - none of those things.

I even alluded to presentation - and that's important, but how I outlined prioritization - it's a cascade effect.

If you never wanted a relationship and were happy with exclusively carnal encounters for the rest of your life - sounds like many mens dream lifestyle - right?

It's this simple:

The ass.

Leverage.

It's based on musculature.

Make your ass, not necessarily better than a hot girls.
    But just good - period.

That's developed, but trim - not with excess fatty deposits.
    The more developed, the more leverage you got.

This is exclusively the point of physical leverage, the point which dictates sexual choice etc.

You wanted a simplistic approach?
    A strategy, a gameplan?

You got it.

All questions and disputations and misgivings about such a strategy - are addressed ad nauseam in the previous 50 or so lengthy posts.

Relationship difficulties?
    Marriage problems?
    Not happy in the bedroom?
    Can't meet girls/guys?
    Social reclusion?
    Resentful of opposing gender?
    Misanthropist?
    Feel insignificant in this world?

I've just given you the key to the universe.

You're welcome.

• Advertisement

As my granny would say...Jesus, Mary Joseph AND the donkey.

As my granny would say...Jesus, Mary Joseph AND the donkey.

Is it over? Can I come out now?

Is it over? Can I come out now?

Not until you work on your ass!

Not until you work on your ass!

Never knew buns of steel was the meaning of life.

Never knew buns of steel was the meaning of life.

To quote one of the great popular philosophers of our time, it's all about that bass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

I think that this thread has run its course.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement