Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alien 220w temp control problem

Options
  • 30-06-2017 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭

Got my new alien 220w mod.

Built my .35ohm coil from 26 gauge stainless in my subtank mini as always.

Set to around 210c and set tcr to 0.00092 like i read.

But no matter what i do it wont fire properly. Dont think its firing at all. Works fine in wattage mode at 20-40w. Nothing out of it in temp mode.

Messed around with temp and wattage strength but nothing.

Cant update firmware at the min cause of laptop trouble but surely it should work out of the box.

Am i being stupid or doing something completely wrong?

Any help appreciated as always.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I've only used mine with the update,I would recommend you do that first with a friends puter or pop round to your local internet cafe...

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

I've only used mine with the update,I would recommend you do that first with a friends puter or pop round to your local internet cafe...

Just did bit of reading up. Mine came with v1.3.2 which apparently is very recent.

So i dunno what to do now lol

Just did bit of reading up. Mine came with v1.3.2 which apparently is very recent.

So i dunno what to do now lol

Unlock the resistance,screw tank off & let the coils reach room temp,hit fire button so no atomizer appears,screw tank back on & lock resistance...

You did say that you use Celsius,change to Fahrenheit...

Set your SS TC to 600F & see if you get a vape now...

Unlock the resistance,screw tank off & let the coils reach room temp,hit fire button so no atomizer appears,screw tank back on & lock resistance...

You did say that you use Celsius,change to Fahrenheit...

Set your SS TC to 600F & see if you get a vape now...

Its working now after trying what you said. Why would changing to Fahrenheit matter? Have the wattage at 50, again not sure where that should be.

Should the temp be left up that high though? Used to vaping at around 2-220c and never an issue on istick. Its my usual single coil build.

Sorry for the noob questions but iv not encountered any issues with my last tc mod.
    Thank you for the help by the way.

Its working now after trying what you said. Why would changing to Fahrenheit matter? Have the wattage at 50, again not sure where that should be.

Should the temp be left up that high though? Used to vaping at around 2-220c and never an issue on istick. Its my usual single coil build.

Sorry for the noob questions but iv not encountered any issues with my last tc mod.
    Thank you for the help by the way.

Some mods will only vape properly between 420F & 600F,it's a glitch in the board,some Aliens are under powered in TC,depends on what batch we pick up,they should always be the same but they aren't.
    I have mods here & I need to set them at 580F & the highest watts as possible,just something we have to live with.

Set your watts between 50w & 80w & start with 420F & work your way up in Fahrenheit to find your sweet spot.

Maybe your Celsius is not working,try it at a high setting...

• Advertisement

Some mods will only vape properly between 420F & 600F,it's a glitch in the board,some Aliens are under powered in TC,depends on what batch we pick up,they should always be the same but they aren't.
    I have mods here & I need to set them at 580F & the highest watts as possible,just something we have to live with.

Set your watts between 50w & 80w & start with 420F & work your way up in Fahrenheit to find your sweet spot.

Maybe your Celsius is not working,try it at a high setting...

Have it on 50w and 530f and its lovely.
    Wasnt aware of the glitch thing but im always learning from you guys.

Thank you so much for the help, its much appreciated.

Loving this mod even more now.

Have it on 50w and 530f and its lovely.
    Wasnt aware of the glitch thing but im always learning from you guys.

Thank you so much for the help, its much appreciated.

Loving this mod even more now.

The only Guys who know about these glitches on mods is us,the more we use the mods the more we find things out...

Enjoy your vape with the Alien until you get your eye on another fantastic mod :D:D:D

The only Guys who know about these glitches on mods is us,the more we use the mods the more we find things out...

Enjoy your vape with the Alien until you get your eye on another fantastic mod :D:D:D

Yeah shinyitis is a killer. Got the missus off the smokes by giving her my setup to tryout so had to upgrade but i dont mind one bit as shes happy out.

Advertisement