Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touch site problem - black page while loading

• 30-06-2017 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm seeing an annoying issue at http://touch.boards.ie/browse/all over the past week or more.

It hangs for a couple of minutes on chrome on Android consistently.

You can scroll down maybe 15-20 categories but it doesn't accept a selection and the a-z button doesn't appear at the right.

After maybe 2 minutes it finally loads properly.

Seeing it across devices.

Any chance ye could take a look?

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Thanks Paul, yes there does seem to be an issue there I'm seeing it here on my phone too. It seems to load properly eventually but is taking much longer than it should to do so. I've flagged it with the team, they'll fix it as soon as they can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Boards.ie: Ronan

Hi apologies for the delay on this - it would seem that this is an issue caused by one of our 3rd party providers. We've been in contact with them and asked them to resolve. Hopefully should have a more comprehensive update soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Getting this issue on touch for the last few weeks.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Hi,

I use the touch site on my phone, Samsung browser. Today I started noticing that when I scroll down in some threads, after a few posts all I can see is a black page for the rest of it. If I want to go to the next page in the thread I have to scroll back to the top and access the next page via the top, sometimes it's the same issue on the next page and sometimes not. Is it just me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

When I open the A-Z page of topics on the touch site the page will hang and become unresponsive. I think it's due to the rendering of the slide out quick pick tab from the right. I'm unable to refresh the page and I have to close it altogether.

If I try scroll quickly down to the topic I want I'm met with a black screen as the page hasn't fully rendered.

It's happening a while on more than one device

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Link is to this thread?

Firefox on Android was verrry slow on touch site until I recently installed uBlock Origin add-on. Load speeds are vastly improved...

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Esel wrote: »

Link is to this thread?

Firefox on Android was verrry slow on touch site until I recently installed uBlock Origin add-on. Load speeds are vastly improved...
    Yes the site is destroyed with ads and tracking crap. See here: https://www.boards.ie/b/thread/2057747820#104185725

Should be resolved now.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement