Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland Restricts Local Business

• 01-07-2017 4:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭

Ireland seems to pride itself in terms of local business and in terms of growing business locally as well as internationally.

If this is the case, then can the Taoiseach & the Government explain why frameworks have been put into place that:

1) Specifically exclude businesses (that are not on the framework) for a period of xyz years (...typically 5 years)

2) Limit Government expenditure to certain companies (that are part of this framework)

3) Restrict competition and the ability of other capable companies from participating.

I will go one step further and ask why one person has been allowed to have had free reign across many areas for many years/decades.

Insofar as i have had experience, that single person has had control over (almost) everything IT networking related for the Irish Government over the past 20 years or so.

And continues to do so!

Is that right?

Should that be the case?

If the answer is yes, then should that person be taken to task for ALL subsequent issues?
    As well as everyone who supports him?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Might I ask for some context or more specifics, charter permitting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,487 ✭✭✭✭blanch152

wandererz wrote: »
    Ireland seems to pride itself in terms of local business and in terms of growing business locally as well as internationally.

If this is the case, then can the Taoiseach & the Government explain why frameworks have been put into place that:

1) Specifically exclude businesses (that are not on the framework) for a period of xyz years (...typically 5 years)

2) Limit Government expenditure to certain companies (that are part of this framework)

3) Restrict competition and the ability of other capable companies from participating.

I will go one step further and ask why one person has been allowed to have had free reign across many areas for many years/decades.

Insofar as i have had experience, that single person has had control over (almost) everything IT networking related for the Irish Government over the past 20 years or so.

And continues to do so!

Is that right?

Should that be the case?

If the answer is yes, then should that person be taken to task for ALL subsequent issues?
    As well as everyone who supports him?

The answers you seek are probably to be found on this website somewhere.

http://ogp.gov.ie/

It details the procurement arrangements for the State and the reasons why it is the way it is.

Advertisement