Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save our oak - Lohunda?

Options
  • 01-07-2017 5:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭

On Shelerin Road in Lohunda (the bit of the road between Ongar distributor road and Hartstown road) there are several signs about saving oak trees. I assume it means they are going to cut down the trees - does anyone have more information?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭delboythedub

What happened to the 1976 Wildlife Act (Flora) ??? Disgraceful. Just back from south Lisbon and its a credit to them how they can preserve their trees and forests and building infastructure at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Also some "save our trees" signs on the Clonsilla road beside the land that is due for development between the church and distributor road.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Used to be great trees and hedgerows where those houses are now between Castlefield and Porters gate.
    That last bit across from the garage is the bit they are trying to save I think?

https://dublingazette.com/news/dont-cut-trees-just-build-new-homes/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Even if they say they will save the tree - the builders here just do not understand the space they need to give trees.

Our estate they failed to protect the base of the trees while building and we lost many trees after the builders left due to damaged roots due to driving over them in diggers and in places cutting into them for drains and cables..

In Uk and EU they have a perimeter that builders respect - and protect the trees trunk during works - never seen this done in Ireland.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Graham1234

Polar101 wrote: »
    On Shelerin Road in Lohunda (the bit of the road between Ongar distributor road and Hartstown road) there are several signs about saving oak trees. I assume it means they are going to cut down the trees - does anyone have more information?

Hi polar. Glad you noticed the campaign i have going to save the Oak @ LOHUNDA. Planning permission granted for 14 houses and all natural habitat is due to be ripped out. PLANNING DEPARTMENT had no knowledge of the Oak and permission was granted. You can follow the full story on my fb account. Graham Bradley. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

Graham1234 wrote: »
    Hi polar. Glad you noticed the campaign i have going to save the Oak @ LOHUNDA. Planning permission granted for 14 houses and all natural habitat is due to be ripped out. PLANNING DEPARTMENT had no knowledge of the Oak and permission was granted. You can follow the full story on my fb account. Graham Bradley. Thanks.

where are the houses going in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭fletch

Hilly Bill wrote: »
    where are the houses going in?
    Between the Shelerin Road and Lohunda Park

Is this the application number for that- F07A/0020/E1 ?

Search using site: http://planning.fingalcoco.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappcriteria.display

This is the facebook page with photos
    https://www.facebook.com/CllrTaniaDoyle/posts/1752486954766837

I cannot make out though the location on streetview where that tree pictured is
    https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3880687,-6.4093523,384m/data=!3m1!1e3

“Roll it back”

Polar101 wrote: »

The save the oak could have stalled the building works - so looks they fixed the issue...

I just noticed today the Oak Tree is missing? All the other trees still there - just the one they were trying to save....

“Roll it back”

Advertisement