Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House alarm Santry

Options
  • 01-07-2017 5:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

There is someone's house alarm going off constantly for the last two days?

Do you call the Garda or what is the situation?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭delboythedub

An invitation to burglers

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Duffyd9

An invitation to burglers

Thanks, edited my post didn't even realise. Delirious with lack of sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

The other joy of living with neigbours, the pointless house alarm. Alarms are useful in a very small number of situations:

i) You get on with your neighbours and give them a key and the alarm code.
    ii) It's monitored
    iii) You're in the gaffe and nervous when you go sleepy time.

I can't suggest what I'd do but here's a song.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

in Dublin 8, and there is a building alarm going off since 1am last night. I think its from the dole office on Cork st, whats the procedure here? Guards?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭✭Samuel T. Cogley

retalivity wrote: »
    in Dublin 8, and there is a building alarm going off since 1am last night. I think its from the dole office on Cork st, whats the procedure here? Guards?

Yep, it's an alarm which means an intruder. But the guard will ignore it because 99.9999% of the time, it's nothing other than an annoyance. Whatever you do don't ham up the story to get the guards to actually go out, the owner can be charged or given a notice that they won't show up for any more alarms. Personally I'd like to see a policy of every-time an alarm goes off the guards show up, if it's a false alarm there should be a €500 charge.

• Advertisement
Advertisement