Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

30 days notice for no service?

Options
  • 01-07-2017 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

My internet has not been working on and off for the last 6 months.
    I am cancelling my account with vodafone and moving my broadband else where.
    Because my internet is not working why should I pay 30 days for a service you are not providing .
    Its bad enough that I have been paying for a non exsisting service over the last 6 months on and off.
    But now they want me to pay 30 days notice as well. Is there any rights to the comsumer when they are not being provided with a service?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

There are rights. People have been allowed to leave their contract either in agreement with provider, and if they refuse take that correspondence, and contact comreg and follow their process.

But you cannot unilaterally cancel a contract and escape penalty.

Id suggest you document the frequency of your faults and each time you have had to call support; and the resulting downtime, and put it all in a letter to your provider, (or email) and request formally you be released from contract.

In addition for periods of no service (and im assuming they do add up ?) you should ask for a refund for the periods involved. recently i was a week without service and without having to ask; i was refunded by the tech support team, in my provider.

You should ask for a refund to cover days you had no service.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 redshoedancer

Hi and thanks for the reply ,I did have an 18 month contract with them that ran out ages ago I only heard about 30 days when I went to change provider.I do believe you are right though, thanks for taking the time to reply...you have been helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi and thanks for the reply ,I did have an 18 month contract with them that ran out ages ago I only heard about 30 days when I went to change provider.I do believe you are right though, thanks for taking the time to reply...you have been helpful

If your initial contract is completed and they have'nt hooked you into another one, then, surely you can port away from them as you would from a mobile or landline provider?

Advertisement