Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First gaming build Log

Options
  • 01-07-2017 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

So having been out of Pc gaming for about 10 years I've decided that its time to get away from my ps4 and back into pc gaming. I've been reading threads here the last few months and doing some research on youtube and have finally settled on a build spec and have pulled the trigger and ordered the last few parts from mindfactory. I managed to pick up a few bits on adverts over the last few months and will be started the build probably Tuesday next week depending on UPS.

Below is my parts list that I've gone with and I'll take a few pics as I go and try do a sort of build log on here. I was close to going ryzen but all I'll be doing is gaming at 1440 so I went Intel in the end.

CPU: Intel I7 7700K
    Mobo: MSI Z270 TOMAHAWK Arctic
    GPU: Gigabyte Gtx1080 Gaming G1
    Ram: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200
    Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 Evo M.2 (system) & 500GB 850 Evo SSD (games)
    Cooling: NZXT Kraken X52
    Case fans: Corsair Air Series AF120 LED White X2
    PSU: Seasonic platinum 660W
    Case: NZXT S340 Elite white
    Monitor: Aoc AG271QG
    Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy
    Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy

Wish me luck hopefully the building process goes well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Inviere

Solid build, there might be criticism of the Kaby Lake decision as it's a dead upgrade path...but for right now, it's going to be a sweet rig. How much ram btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Whitewater-AGS

Inviere wrote: »
    Solid build, there might be criticism of the Kaby Lake decision as it's a dead upgrade path...but for right now, it's going to be a sweet rig. How much ram btw?

16 gb for now once I've a few euro again I'll get another 16gb in a few months

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

G403 Masterrace :)

So I finally got around to starting the build Tuesday night, spend about three hours at it in total and then called it a night. Got up Wednesday and spent an hour on cable management and then fired the system up only to discover that I had the two case fans fitted to pull instead of push. Apart from that self building is really straight forward and I've been away from desktops about ten years and only had pre-built systems up to then. Ram, CPU GPU all went in without any issues, the only point I got a little worried was when I was connecting the cable extensions which just didn't click into place and the mobo was starting to stress from the force I was applying.

Anyway really happy with the finished product and MSI Bios is easy enough to use so here is a few pics of the process.
    [IMG][/img]IMG_20170704_220024%20-%20Copy_zps1qxupqqm.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_20170704_221146%20-%20Copy_zps5lyf6en1.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_20170704_225830%20-%20Copy_zpsgyo4ryfx.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_20170705_005306%20-%20Copy_zpslwyt3vnc.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_20170705_011123%20-%20Copy_zps5e5ufbbr.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_20170706_132249_zpss5vbg4g9.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_20170706_132451_zpsmmrmrdwh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Really nice. What's the box on the front of the case?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I think it's an NZXT puck. Magnetic headset holder.

Also OP, you have the same monitor as me. Only got it a few weeks ago but loving it.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Really nice. What's the box on the front of the case?

Its the NZXT puck comes with the case its for hanging your headset from.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duckytech

Hi OP....that looks very impressive. :):)

Can i ask how much it would have cost for that set up?

Your looking at about 2100 give or take that's monitor mouse keyboard the lot excluding desk and chair.

I got the GPU and cooler for a good price on ebay.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Duckytech

Your looking at about 2100 give or take that's monitor mouse keyboard the lot excluding desk and chair.

I got the GPU and cooler for a good price on ebay.

Fair play to you..looks class.

• Advertisement
Advertisement