Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Convert Dynamic to Simple\Basic

• 01-07-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm running a HP laptop with W7 Pro 64bit.

Long story... Essentially I converted (accidentally) my laptops drive to Dynamic. While trying to resize Sys Reserved part. Trying to do a Win7 / Win10 dual boot.

It has 4 NTFS partitions.

Sys Reserved ~ 100MB
    Sys (C:) ~ 200GB
    Data (E:) ~ 260GB
    New Vol (F:) ~ 5GB

I need to change it back to Simple\Basic so that I can clone it to a new 850 Evo SSD drive which I want to use as my original laptops drive replacement.

I have looked at a load of youtube tutorials and to be honest they mostly suggest Professional partition software.

Is there any FREE software or method that allows me to convert the disk back to Simple / Basic?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Actually found a solution on the Win 7 forums

Here if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Boice

Well, the Windows 7 Disk Management allows you to convert basic disk to dynamic disk. However, if you want to use it to convert back to basic disk, you need to delete all partitions on the disk first, then, you can operate it. Otherwise, you can use third party software AOMEI Partition Assistant to convert dynamic disk to basic disk without deleting.

Advertisement