Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Comrade Detective - Amazon Original (**Spoilers**)

• 01-07-2017 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭

This maybe be the great idea ever or fall flat on it's face.

Drops on August 4th.

https://twitter.com/channingtatum/status/880422293641584640?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.slashfilm.com%2Famazons-fake-80s-cop-show-comrade-detective-will-be-dubbed-by-channing-tatum-joseph-gordon-levitt-and-more%2F
    Amazon and A24 may have just genetically engineered a television show that perfectly aligns with my sensibilities. Comrade Detective, which debuts later this summer, is being made to look like a Romanian cop show from the 1980s, with Romanian actors Florin Piersic Jr. and Corneliu Ulici playing the lead roles. But here’s the part that will make people raise their eyebrows: Channing Tatum and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are providing dubbed voiceovers for those characters, and they’ll be joined by a crazy-talented group of actors that will be doing some dubbing of their own. Read the full list of names in the Comrade Detective cast below.

The show’s official synopsis
    In the thick of 1980’s Cold War hysteria, the Romanian government created the country’s most popular and longest-running series, Comrade Detective, a sleek and gritty police show that not only entertained its citizens but also promoted Communist ideals and inspired a deep nationalism. The action-packed and blood-soaked first season finds Detectives Gregor Anghel and Iosef Baciu investigating the murder of fellow officer Nikita Ionesco and, in the process, unraveling a subversive plot to destroy their country that is fueled by — what else — the greatest enemy: capitalism. Though the beloved show was sadly forgotten about after the fall of the Berlin Wall, it has been rediscovered and digitally remastered now with its main heroes voiced by Tatum and Gordon-Levitt. Comrade Detective is a true portal into a time and place and a powerful reminder of what art can be—and it is now ready to be seen by the modern world on a larger scale than ever before

http://www.slashfilm.com/amazons-fake-80s-cop-show-comrade-detective-will-be-dubbed-by-channing-tatum-joseph-gordon-levitt-and-more/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

FIST! :D

I'll probably.. maybe have a look :)

First episode was decent.

The dodgy 1980s TV show setup and look feel right and the idea has funny (FIST!) moments.

The amount of violence in place jumps out and feels.. I dunno.. out of character with how the rest of the scenes felt.

The story needs to develop from this point. They shouldn't try to rely on the gags or novelty feel too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

Watched the first episode. Enjoyed it, but not sure the gimmick will stand up to 6 episodes. Couple of good laughs in it though, especially the stereotypical guys chomping on burgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

2nd episode did focus more on the story! :)

The (kinda)
    twist ending
    and song helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Rumpy Pumpy

This has cult classic written all over it. Cult classic about a fictional cult classic. Which Darkplace did, but this doesn't feel like a forced rehash.

4 episodes in, and tempted to just binge watch the last two.

Great stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

Enjoy d IST episode, having been over and back to ro since 94/95 brought back memories

Just finished the fourth episode and towards the end I was like... what?! .. what's going on!?!!? :eek:

• Advertisement

Episode 5 down.

I'm at a genuine loss as to predict what's going to happen in the last episode.

Either it's
    gonna go down with a full blown gun-shooting bloodbath
    or maybe it'll
    chill a bit a just be like an old 80s detective show

All that aside though...
    Sonya with the meat cleaver
    !!!!! :eek:

That was pleasantly surprising.

The whole show was such a clash of what I was expecting.
    Nikitaaaaaa!!!!!!
    :)

I dunno about the dub / sub. The dub felt like it was deliberately there for effect. It worked too. I think they were trying to keep an american feel using the dub.

Advertisement