Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable Reduction Sept 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Could schools sick it under crokey park hours for subject dept meetings when everyone is in?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

They can pay a sub to take 1 of your classes every week. They have been allocated the teachers for this
    On this point, the allocation given doesn't cover the reduction at all and representation from managerial bodies has gone to Des. It takes into account that not everyone is teaching junior cycle plus guidance and sen may not also be reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

But why aren't management just putting together a proper timetable? Even in a dual union school, they should have been timetabling the TUI staff for 21:20 for this academic year.

And so many teachers get a random CSPE, SPHE, resource class on their timetable, I can't imagine why then with the remaining ASTI staff that it would be difficult to remove a class from some of the timetables. Sure, there may be a few things to be ironed out, but to timetable everyone for 22 is just laziness or taking advantage.

We were all timetabled for 21:20. My principal took a gamble that the ASTI issues would have been sorted out. But putting an extra class back on their timetables (see above subjects) would have been far easier than taking them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭chases0102

In our ETB school, we have lost one period of Senior English and Irish a week (down to 5), while Maths retains its 6 periods a week.

Is this the norm for people? I'm angry that the delivery of LC English has become a whole lot more difficult at the swipe of a pen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I can beat that. Maths is down to 5 periods at senior cycle in our school. They'll allow one period for the top HL teacher to take an extra class outside school for one of the two years

So essentially
    5 on timetable in 5th year
    5 on timetable in 6th year +1 if you are willing to wait back after hours (which is essentially obligatory lets be honest!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ethical

It is shocking the amount of teaching done "after normal school hours" and no thanks for it,it is the norm and expected in many schools........and then I had a look at a more seniors salary slip the other day and noticed that while she is a postholder and presumably getting paid for it,the MINUS colum of her payslip shown the lovely FEMPI reduction which meant that she was doing her post for " not even a thank you" as the minus balanced out the gain of having a post,what a mess teaching is in at the moment.
    Dont expect Richie and Paschal to fix it anytime soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Marymidlands

Sorry to interrupt this thread. Please remove if inappropriate but can't find anything on it elsewhere. Lost a history class in first year to new wellbeing course. Not sure how we are going to cover history course now. Also got a CSPE first year class. Like the subject and was happy enough to see on timetable. Only realised after I actually had students that the course had changed and now a non exam subject as part of wellbeing programme. I looked into some in service but the earliest that will be is February/ March. How am I supposed to teach/plan this course?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

Sorry to interrupt this thread. Please remove if inappropriate but can't find anything on it elsewhere. Lost a history class in first year to new wellbeing course. Not sure how we are going to cover history course now. Also got a CSPE first year class. Like the subject and was happy enough to see on timetable. Only realised after I actually had students that the course had changed and now a non exam subject as part of wellbeing programme. I looked into some in service but the earliest that will be is February/ March. How am I supposed to teach/plan this course?

It can be taught exactly the same as the old course so no neeed to do any inservice for CSPE so don't stress about it, get the kids involved and keep the classes active !!

Advertisement