Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spraying lawn query

Options
  • 01-07-2017 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am planning on spraying lawn with dicophar as it is more weed than grass at this stage.

I have borrowed a backpack sprayer - manual pump action.

Would it generally be recommended to cover border plants (heather mainly) when doing the edges or is it handy enough to keep the spray from straying?

If so what would I use to cover the borders? They are quite extensive

I've not used the backpack before but plan on getting to grips of it with water first!

Thanks

Comments

What type of sprayer is it? If it's a cheap sprayer there will be more drift.

See can get a deflector nozzle for it. They are low drift. At the edges of the beds hold the lance in one position and walk along with the nozxle close to the ground. Then move out the width of the spray and repeat a few times until you are out from the beds a safe distance.

Do all this on a calm day and you should be fine. Also take the nozzle off and clean it first of you have to use the one on the sprayer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Cover them, any spray that drifts will kill plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Be careful where you practice with the water. There will probably be a residue of weedkiller in it.

Advertisement