Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

integrated seatpost

Options
  • 01-07-2017 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hello,
    I am looking for a round integrated seatpost but not having much joy! does anyone know of anyone or a shop who may have one. I'm asking this on behalf of a pal so not absolutely certain of size but presume the internal diameterof the carbon seatpost is 31.6mm That is for a seatpost that fits inside the integrated seatpost which is preferred as the other kind fits over the top of the carbon post and looks , well, not so nice! I was looking at the FSA slk seatpost but can't find anyone who has one!

Any help much appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

An integrated seat post usually means one that is part of the frame. You cannot buy one on its own. I'm assuming you are looking for a seat post that fits into a seat tube? There are no seat posts that slip over a seat tube (that I'm aware of)

Seeing as you are not sure on what your friend actually needs then it might be simpler to say the exact make and model of bike they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 boomwater

FSA have a seatpost designed to fit into a integrated seatpost and this is called a SL K round integrated seatpost. Maybe thats what confused you? The question is does anyone know of any shop etc that has these? The FSA seatpost works the same as a quill stem, sitting inside the top of the "integrated seatpost" where as a "ritchey integrated seatpost slides over the top and then tightens up with a bolt. I am aware of how these all work I just want to know of anyone who has one? The inside diameter of the bike seatpost is 31.6mm

m

Advertisement