Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ticketmaster Booth Service Charge

Options
  • 01-07-2017 6:23pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭

Hey

I didn't want to resurrect a dead thread.

Just wondering does Ticketmaster charge the service charge if booking at a Ticketmaster Booth?

Like there's no charge if buying tickets at the Bord Gais Theatre, but 3 Arena haven't a box office so maybe they are exempt.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

I dont know what your question is?
    Ticketmaster charges a service charge wherever they can.
    Some independent places may opt not to apply an additional charge but the tickets usually differ from the Ticketmaster ones.
    Those booths will definitely have a service charge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Thank you.

gizmo81 wrote: »
    Hey

I didn't want to resurrect a dead thread.

Just wondering does Ticketmaster charge the service charge if booking at a Ticketmaster Booth?

Like there's no charge if buying tickets at the Bord Gais Theatre, but 3 Arena haven't a box office so maybe they are exempt.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Bought tickets today at jervis centre in Dublin. They charge 1 euro per ticket. Buy them online and the charge is 6 euro per ticket. Stephen's green booth have no service charge he told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Dovies wrote: »
    Bought tickets today at jervis centre in Dublin. They charge 1 euro per ticket. Buy them online and the charge is 6 euro per ticket. Stephen's green booth have no service charge he told me.

Really? First I've heard of that. Is it a cash vs card thing because I definitely remember paying a service charge there in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Really? First I've heard of that. Is it a cash vs card thing because I definitely remember paying a service charge there in the past?

That's what the guy told me today. Card or cash he said

• Advertisement

Thanks very much :)

Dovies wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I used to always buy my tickets from Stephens green, it used to just be a €2 charge if using credit card but nothing otherwise. They then changed it so there was a charge regardless of debit or credit card but cash was still no fee. The rest of the booths usually had a €2 charge regardless of method of paying.

It's been a while since I bought from an outlet so may have changed since.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I am not sure what the situation is now, all I know is at one time there were fees if using a CC in the stephens green kiosk, but none if you were paying cash or debit card.

A shop near me is an outlet, they seem to charge half of the rate TM do online, i.e. 6.25% rather than 12.5%, and they have a lower upper limit. TM online have an upper limit of €6.85, there may be an additional €1 facility fee for olympia or 3arena too. In the shop the upper limit is €3.30 (and I guess the €1 facility fee might go ontop of that). The shop I go to only takes cash so I do not know about CC or DC payments.

Visited the Jervis one today.

€40 ticket

So for two they were coming to just under €87

Then when I showed my debit card I was told and extra €1 per ticket.

It's slightly cheaper than online i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

gizmo81 wrote: »
    €40 ticket

So for two they were coming to just under €87

Then when I showed my debit card I was told and extra €1 per ticket.
    2x€40 tickets should be €90 if they are still charging at 12.5%.

Huge savings to be had on expensive tickets that you are buying for a group.

You can see why they are so secretive about it all, scum that they are.

For small gigs always check www.tickets.ie if you opt for box office collection I think it is free -i.e. they are a small company and can presumably make a reasonable profit, TM will have the same tickets on their site with additional fees. The €6.85 you are paying TM online is not just 6.85, it is €6.85 over and beyond what a reasonable amount is.

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    2x€40 tickets should be €90 if they are still charging at 12.5%.

Huge savings to be had on expensive tickets that you are buying for a group.

You can see why they are so secretive about it all, scum that they are.

For small gigs always check www.tickets.ie if you opt for box office collection I think it is free -i.e. they are a small company and can presumably make a reasonable profit, TM will have the same tickets on their site with additional fees. The €6.85 you are paying TM online is not just 6.85, it is €6.85 over and beyond what a reasonable amount is.

Online now with Ticketmaster the total for the two is €92.30. I would save just under €3 buying them from Jervis. It seems to be the facility charge, whatever that is anyway.

Advertisement