Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB credit card: am I getting it right?

• 01-07-2017 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi there,

I just got a new job and I'll be paid monthly instead of bi-weekly (but more :P) so I wanted to apply for a credit card. I already have one from my home country and I use it sometimes, and I just want to make sure I am understanding the situation here properly.

From what I understand: AIB credit cards' are free (you only pay 30euro of stamps duty) and as long as you pay 100% of what you spent they don't cost anything. Is that correct? And can I choose which day of the month I want AIB to pay my balance?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,479 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

eduzzino5 wrote: »
    From what I understand: AIB credit cards' are free (you only pay 30euro of stamps duty) and as long as you pay 100% of what you spent they don't cost anything. Is that correct?

Yes. If you pay the full balance each month by the date shown on the statement and you don't use the card to withdraw cash, there are no charges beyond the Govt. €30 tax.
    eduzzino5 wrote: »
    And can I choose which day of the month I want AIB to pay my balance?

Tell them the date you'd like to pay each month, they can adjust the billing date to suit your pay cycle. You have about three weeks from the billing date to pay.

Advertisement