Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather suitable for Carrauntoohil climb tomorrow?

Options
  • 01-07-2017 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,607 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am half-thinking of hopping in my car and driving to Kerry tonight and climbing Carrauntoohil in the morning, starting early.

According to a few forecasts it will be clear and dry in the morning, but I wanted to know from the locals what they think.

I know it's a bit silly to be basically asking you to predict the weather for me, but, being from the area, you might have a sense of the weather and whether this would be silly thing for me to do.

I also wanted to know how wet it has been today and whether that would be something that would make a climb (especially the Beenkeragh ridge) something a bit risky?

It's not the difficulty of the climb itself I'm worried about, as I have experience in Ireland and other countries...I just don't want to get there and find it won't be possible to do.

Maybe it would be wiser to just get up early and see what the forecast is then, I suppose.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Kerry mountain climbing are on Facebook they are up and down all the time could msg them and see

You would have been better off sticking this on the outdoor pursuits forum. I would have seen it there yesterday for starters ��. Hope you got out early enough, was running the Kerry Way and the tops of Mullaghanattin and Stumpa Duloigh were in cloud around midday so assume the Reeks covered by then too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,607 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

You would have been better off sticking this on the outdoor pursuits forum. I would have seen it there yesterday for starters ��. Hope you got out early enough, was running the Kerry Way and the tops of Mullaghanattin and Stumpa Duloigh were in cloud around midday so assume the Reeks covered by then too.
    Didn't go at all in the end, with the cloud forecast.

I have the whole summer to do it and there will hopefully be a weekend that's warmer and with less chance of cloud.

osarusan wrote: »
    Didn't go at all in the end, with the cloud forecast.

I have the whole summer to do it and there will hopefully be a weekend that's warmer and with less chance of cloud.

Reeks are actually not bad for cloud cover. Lot better than Brandon for example, which seems to be forever in cloud. If you're on Facebook, Cronins Yard has a page there and I'm sure would be happy to give info. I also use this a lot...

https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Carrauntoohil/forecasts/1038

Advertisement