Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pacquiao/Conlan/Povetkin/Shambles of a Sky Card Thread

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭hbhook

HigginsJ wrote: »
    So the WBO are going to have 5 anonymous judges re-score the fight. Even if they come back and say Pacquiao should have won nothing will change in terms of belt or result. The WBO have said Pacquiao will need to use his rematch clause if he wants to win back the title.

Why bother with this if nothing will change?

Also I'd imagine scoring a fight ringside & scoring a fight on TV would be somewhat different? Would they also need these 5 judges to have not seen the fight already to avoid any bias based on their 1st unnofficial viewing?

Very odd.

'Breadman' over on boxing scene had an interesting thought on judging. Check out his latest mailbag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

The 5 judges came back with the same result anyway, just 5 more eejits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

titan18 wrote: »
    The 5 judges came back with the same result anyway, just 5 more eejits

Why 5 more eejits? General consensus on here is that Horn won or it was a toss up. Also all 5 judges didn't score it for Horn. The 5 judges scored it

Horn 115 - 113, Horn 114 - 113 x2, Pacquiao 114 - 113 and the final judge scored it a draw. Again these scores tally with the what I have read on here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

HigginsJ wrote: »
    Why 5 more eejits? General consensus on here is that Horn won or it was a toss up. Also all 5 judges didn't score it for Horn. The 5 judges scored it

Horn 115 - 113, Horn 114 - 113 x2, Pacquiao 114 - 113 and the final judge scored it a draw. Again these scores tally with the what I have read on here.

I think Pac won it cleanly imo. He was poor vs what we'd expect, but he should have been the winner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

titan18 wrote: »
    I think Pac won it cleanly imo. He was poor vs what we'd expect, but he should have been the winner

He lost too many early rounds, you need to take off your pac tinted glasses.

Advertisement