Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recover files from recycle bin

Options
  • 01-07-2017 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭

Deleted my football manager save last night and made sure to delete it from the recycle bin

Want it back today though :( Is there any easy way to recover a file after being deleted from the recycle bin? I've googled it and it seems I'll need some sort of software but I don't know what I can trust

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I've found recuva from piriform very useful in this sort of situation.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Speedsie wrote: »
    I've found recuva from piriform very useful in this sort of situation.

https://www.piriform.com/recuva

+1 on Recuva, particularly at this early stage after deletion. It should have no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Managed to find a different file for the game on an initial scan, not the one I wanted, but when I try to load it in game it tells me it can't be loaded

Trying a deep scan now to see if it finds the file I want this time, hopefully it works if its found

• Registered Users Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Try previous versions tab on the folder properties

Recuva is telling me the file is unrecoverable :( Thanks for the help anyway guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Have to ask - why did you delete it and then delete it again from the recycle bin? Did you make some terrible mistake and then try to cover it up? Not being smart, just nosey I guess.
    I would have suggested Recurva had I been here in time.

FanadMan wrote: »
    Have to ask - why did you delete it and then delete it again from the recycle bin? Did you make some terrible mistake and then try to cover it up? Not being smart, just nosey I guess.
    I would have suggested Recurva had I been here in time.

Did it in a bit of rage after a game didnt go my way, wanted to make sure i couldnt play the game again but later changed my mind as i do

Lesson learned on my part

Advertisement