Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour De France Stage 2: Dusseldorf-Liege 203.5KM

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Aru in ninth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

Great to see Phinney back at this level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Kittel takes an early 50 point lead over Sagan in the green jersey race.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Matthews 9th not aru

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

spock. wrote: »
    Kittel takes an early 50 point lead over Sagan in the green jersey race.

And now within 6 seconds of yellow according to the official website so tomorrow will be a good day in the fight for yellow with the uphill finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Shamelessly stolen from Chris Froome's twitter page

1499017472-ddv2nxhwsaa3j5v.jpg

Really good photo and luckily appears no major damage done.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭koutoubia

Thats a cracker of a photo!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I noticed one rider with a S-Works with disc brakes today. TV close up. I thought they were not in use in the peloton ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

Kittel. Quick Step are using some, part of an updated design trial, from what I can gather. People were talking over the coverage, so I couldn't hear what was being said.

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    I noticed one rider with a S-Works with disc brakes today. TV close up. I thought they were not in use in the peloton ?

Kittel and Michael Matthews had them, and as it happened Kittel needed a wheel change, didn't look like it took too much longer but was longer than standard change.

ddb23adb_2fda_4b3c_9e90_c0fafc62ac36_670.jpg

ff314ae3_c718_4ab8_8188_95e235587e6d_670.jpg

• Advertisement

cunavalos wrote: »
    Shamelessly stolen from Chris Froome's twitter page

1499017472-ddv2nxhwsaa3j5v.jpg

Really good photo and luckily appears no major damage done.

he was looking for captions on it, i like this one

https://twitter.com/RickyKershaw/status/881582631900545025

neris wrote: »
    he was looking for captions on it, i like this one.

"Careful now"

:D

Looking at that pic the AG2R rider on the left was probably lucky not to smash his knee cap up. If he was moving at speed on the ground his knee was taking impact with that kerb 1st

As someone in the twitter comments pointed out this was in front of an ad for glue :pac:

Seen the signage on the coverage and thought when they decided to put the guerilla ads on the roundabout, they could never have imagined it would be the site of the event/ talking point of the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

Thomas looks like a man who's having a lie down :D

Bardet looks lucky he didn't go the same way as Valverde

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

After the apparent outrage of Kirby's comments yesterday, should people be trying to see the humour in what could have been as serious a crash.....?

Totally different situation here. And was it not one of the riders involved that sought to add humour to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

19642680_10212883986124993_2828760662354305267_n.jpg?oh=d409d15a6aa328ed33110c7e4b9a8678&oe=59D3E114

Clever stuff from Dario Cataldo!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,530 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

MPFGLB wrote: »
    Curious tweet from Nico Roche saying his new goal was to make the 2nd sign on.... wonder if his injuries are worse than he thought ...sometimes things turn up much later

Confused me as well ... he explains in today's tour diary:
    "The sign-on is a great way for fans to get to see every rider in the race before the stage, although if it's raining most of us have to be herded off the buses in the last minutes before the start. This year, perhaps to avoid that last-minute rush, the Tour has split the sign-on into two time slots, one for us mere mortals and then another later one for the Tour stars. Only designated riders can sign-on in the second time slot; the yellow, green, white and polka-dot jersey wearers, the stars of the previous stage, the leading team and the 'heroes of the Tour'."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/i-aquaplaned-through-the-corner-on-my-ribs-before-spinning-on-the-tarmac-35887512.html

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Confused me as well ... he explains in today's tour diary:
    "The sign-on is a great way for fans to get to see every rider in the race before the stage, although if it's raining most of us have to be herded off the buses in the last minutes before the start. This year, perhaps to avoid that last-minute rush, the Tour has split the sign-on into two time slots, one for us mere mortals and then another later one for the Tour stars. Only designated riders can sign-on in the second time slot; the yellow, green, white and polka-dot jersey wearers, the stars of the previous stage, the leading team and the 'heroes of the Tour'."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/cycling/i-aquaplaned-through-the-corner-on-my-ribs-before-spinning-on-the-tarmac-35887512.html

Aaaaaah I see...and his nose seems abit put out by it ...no wonder he's aim is to get to the second sign on :D:D:D

Mind you saw some of sign on this morning (on twitter) and Ameil Moinard signed on with Aru and Gilbert.....wonder if he is a 'hero of the Tour' ???...That will really put Nico's nose out of joint

Advertisement