Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford my home

Options
  • 02-07-2017 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Been working away fora few years now because that's what you have to sometimes. I read and watch everything I can about Waterford every day ... I love it,I'm part of it ... It's part of me. Looking in objectively from outside I notice things like how every government takes us for granted. I think 10 years since we've had a minister ? But the incoming government can always rely on those"safe seats" .. Our independendent candidates get elected on the promise that this is the very thing they will change but if your going to let someone die on Friday because there's no cardiac are in the south east side regional hospital ... Well at least it's only Waterford ... We'll get our seats come the election.. Lookin in I see a Waterford hurling team that showed themselves to be several levels above an Offaly team that no doubt put just as many hours into training as the Waterford team did and who are every bit as committed !. But we're a better team. Simple as that. The rest of this country expects us to be good losers that will never achieve that ultimate goal. Our politicians think that Waterford is used to being dissapointed and even though we've ignored them gory ears ... We'll still get our seats... They'll vote how their mams and dads did ... And there you have it ..us Waterforfians summed up ???ðŸ˜

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

To be fair

The calibre of politans waterford elects deosnt lend much weight to call for ministeries either

Cant see deasy getting on too well in his new role in the us,despite his previous washington experience

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

Waterford. I used to expect you to provide for me and mine ... Thanks to our relaxed politicians and Us that vote them in it was never going to happen.... But I've now learned ... It's what can I do for Waterford .... Let's start with this post ... Rant over lol

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Scaldy Ned

Tom .. You've made my point by starting with "to be fair" . I don't give a **** who anyone votes for but I'd love the young people of Waterford to wake up and vote for themselves... When I had my first vote I didn't vote for my Mam or Dads parties which of course was fg or ff ... I voted for someone who got about 90 votes... But at least the oul patroniser couldn't rely on me like he could MAM or dad . I just. Wish we could shake off our politicians taking us for granted.. It would be so good for Waterford .. But from what I've seen at home the young political activists are either ff or fg because there's a good living to be had from it..and as my post said ...in Waterford we've come to have low expectations !!!.... But anyway ... When you're away from it .. You miss it like hell ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Don't post when you are drunk..is the lesson here.

• Advertisement
Advertisement