Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donabate to clondalkin advice

Options
  • 02-07-2017 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi all, just recently moved from chapelizod to donabate, have been driven to work and abandoned the bike, not sure of the best route to get to clondalkin from donabate any suggestions ? Also trying to avoid city centre as much as possible not a big fan Of cycling around there. Distance wise too much to do every day ? Any help or shared experiences welcome. There is aslo an option to drive Half way and cycle rest not so sure where I could drop the car off ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,971 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

One hour 45 mins on Google maps. Good on you twice a day.

Back to the drawing board I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blueballfc

One hour 45 mins on Google maps. Good on you twice a day.

Back to the drawing board I think.
    Fair enough, but I was only looking for options and perhaps shared experiences of similar albeit not the same route.r

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

blueballfc wrote: »
    Any help or shared experiences welcome. There is aslo an option to drive Half way and cycle rest not so sure where I could drop the car off ?

I have a long commute around 190km round trip so joined a gym 30km from work so ditch the car there spin into work and spin back in the evening for a swim/gym session it works out pretty well to be honest. No parking charges in the gym car park which is massive btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭py

You could avoid the city centre by turning towards North Circular Road towards the Phoenix Park. https://goo.gl/maps/mDLx2qaWNEN2 More familiar with Dublin City/West so perhaps the ride from Donabate to the city could also be tweaked. It's doable but I'd do it 2-3 times a week first before going 5 days a week. You'd also want to be allowing extra food during the day and closer to home time to fuel your trip home.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blueballfc

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I have a long commute around 190km round trip so joined a gym 30km from work so ditch the car there spin into work and spin back in the evening for a swim/gym session it works out pretty well to be honest. No parking charges in the gym car park which is massive btw

Thanks, Thats a good idea was thinking of Ben Dunne in Blanch could work and head off from there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

In as far as Griffith Ave, follow to Old Finglas Road, right onto Ballyboggan Road left onto Rathoath Road, Hang a right at the roundabout onto Nephin Road, right into Phoenix Park, exit at Chapelizod Gate, into Chapelizod, up Chapelizod Hill, Le Fanu Road, Ballyfermot Road and Coldcut Road / Cloverhill Road depending on where you work in Clondalkin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Annie get your Run

blueballfc wrote: »
    Thanks, Thats a good idea was thinking of Ben Dunne in Blanch could work and head off from there.

Or save yourself the gym fee and just park in the Phoenix park, lots of people do this every day.

Advertisement