Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apps with no internet

Options
  • 02-07-2017 11:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We'll be traveling with our two and a half year old on a long journey. We are looking for suggestions for internet free apps for him. He does play endless alphabet the odd time currently

Oh and suggestions for decent cases (iPad Pro) would be appreciated too

Edit: iPad latest IOS

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Curious on this too.Any suggestions that involve not paying for netflix/extra sky packages/you tube etc. also welcome.How can I download some cartoons in case we get desperate on the flight??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Most of the apps we have will work offline. When I'm letting the kids use the phone I always put it on airplane mode (so they can't accidental ring anyone or buy things!). It also means no annoying ads pop up.
    If they have apps at the moment you could try them on airplane mode to see if they will work ok.

A few favourites here are Bob the Builder, Mister Maker, Build a Truck and a colouring one I can't remember the name of! My little fella is about 4 so slightly older but think those would still suit.

Not sure on cartoons etc, know my husband has transferred movies onto our phones that we can watch offline but no idea how!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

You candownload TV shows & movies from Netflix onto your device, saved our sanity on a recent flight to Spain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

My play home , play farm , play hospital are brilliant, think they have 'lite' free trail versions that have plenty for a 2 and half year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Thanks everyone. That is an AWESOME feature on Netflix I did not know about!!!

Picked up most of the suggestions thanks, and I can also recommend 'wee puzzles'. He loves it although he only wants to do the tractor pics right now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Thanks everyone. That is an AWESOME feature on Netflix I did not know about!!!

Picked up most of the suggestions thanks, and I can also recommend 'wee puzzles'. He loves it although he only wants to do the tractor pics right now

Just be warned if you're travelling abroad..... We downloaded a few things to keep him occupied on the flight, worked a treat, but when we landed in Spain, Netflix geoblocked the content and we couldn't watch it. We used the hotels WiFi to download some stuff for the way back, but obviously what's available depends on what country you are in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

My little fella loves talking ginger and talking ginger 2. It runs perfectly offline and keeps him entertained.

Advertisement