Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IPhone SE purchase from EU

Options
  • 02-07-2017 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭

I'm shopping for a 64GB SE unlocked for my wife. The best price I've found so far is €510 from komplett. I can get it for €450 from Amazon.es but don't know if there's any problems with warranty or firmware purchasing outside Ireland. Is it the same phone within the EU or are we restricted to Irish sellers?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Only potential issue is that Irish consumer rights only apply to products purchased in Ireland. So if something goes wrong outside of Apple's 1 year warranty and you want to make a claim under consumer law you will have to do so against the shop you bought it from in whatever country they are based, e.g. against Amazon.es under Spanish law, which is potentially a lot of hassle. However, this should be weighed against the likelihood of you evoking your consumer rights and how long you expect to get out of the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Thanks for the info.

Ended up purchasing the 128GB version for from Argos.co.uk. Was €500 there vs. €659 from Argos.ie. Arseholes.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's the same phone, Komplett.ie sell the EU version anyway. I bought mine from there, it comes with a european plug (they put an adapter in the box). Think it's shipped from the netherlands or something.

Advertisement