Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Falsely accused of rape - should I go to the police?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

Do you have social media?

Could you post exactly what's happened you, and be honest of how scared you are (social pariah), how its affected you, that youve contacted the police and solicitor (and will cost €s and time to rectify). Do not mention her in the post. Just start off as "I've been accused of an awful crime and here is my truth...." The damage that's done by a false and unsubstantiated rumour spread by someone in the community. Tell it like a story.

Time to take back control and get your version/story out there. And if it goes the other way (someone reports you), well all the better. As its to be proven you did do it. Rather than you trying to prove you didnt do it.

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

Mod:

OP, the thread has run it's course now - the options available to you legally are limited and leaving this open runs the risk that posters will suggest actions that may not be legal or ethical, so I'm closing this down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement