Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

meta slider

• 02-07-2017 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi
    I am using meta slider in wordpress to display slides on home page only.
    However slides are appearing on al the pages.
    How do I display slides on homepage only?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

Hi
    It depends where and how you have inserted the slider and how your theme has been set up.

Are you putting it in the page content, in a widget, in the header (theme options) or in the theme header.php file itself?
    Each option has a different answer.

Send me the details or give me a call and I will sort it for you.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 28 bornio

Hi Mark.

I have put the meta slider in the main content page.I am using the wordpress twenty sixteen theme.

Liam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭M.T.D

If you have set the home "page" as a page and put the slider in the page content then that is the only place it will appear.
    If it appears in more than one page then you are possibly using posts instead of pages for your content.
    The default "home" page is the page that posts appear on.
    Did you create a new page, set it as "home" and then put the slider in it?

I have set the homepage as a page and put the meta slider in it.
    My site is/www.mountmellickdevelopment.ie.I have it live at the moment so you can take a look.

Thanks for your help.

Regards Liam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭daymobrew

It looks like the slider is in the header (possibly header.php) and so appearing on all pages.

I recommend creating a child theme if you find that you need to edit any of the theme files.

• Advertisement

I have examined it again and I think you are right.It is in the header.php file.
    So how do I remove slider from header.php.
    sorry for all the questions.I am on a learning curve at the moment.

Please post the code that is in header.php.

You can edit the Home page and insert the shortcode at the top of the page. I think that it will be:
    [metaslider id=86]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭The Diddakoi

The slider code will be as stated above: metaslider I'd= "number". Each slider is given its own number when you create it. You can check the number of your slider where you originally created it, and get a short code to insert it in your chosen page directly from there.

Easiest way would be to cut the code out of the header section, and paste it in further down the body of the page you want it in. You can do this through dashboard-Appearance-Customise-Additional CSS. This allows you to move the code, and test the result. Just remember to save your changes when you have the result you want, before you leave the page.

If you ever want to create your own theme, a good starting place is http://underscores.me

alf66 wrote: »
    Easiest way would be to cut the code out of the header section, and paste it in further down the body of the page you want it in. You can do this through dashboard-Appearance-Customise-Additional CSS. This allows you to move the code, and test the result. Just remember to save your changes when you have the result you want, before you leave the page.
    The code I posted was a shortcode that is expanded to a lot of html. Putting it in the "Additional CSS" will not work as intended - even if it was expanded to html, it would result in html inside a 'style' block. I don''t see how your suggestion will work.

Thanks for all your help.
    I have discovered my problem.I had the meta slider code inserted in the header.php file.When I removed from there and inserted it into the homepage,it is displaying as I want it now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement