Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 month ban

Options
  • 02-07-2017 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭

I have contacted the mod who issued the ban 3 days ago but have not received a reply.

I made an off-the-cuff joke about Protestants in a thread on Bestiality (which is itself a banned topic for discussion as per the rules, yet seemingly nobody else was reprimanded) which went something along the lines of:
    "Don't f*ck animals"
    "Not even Protestants?"

This off the cuff remark, as a stand alone remark in that thread, warranted a 3 month ban from After Hours.

I haven't appealed bans before, the only reason I appeal this is because of the sheer disproportionate response. 3 months for an off-the-cuff joke that wasn't replicated through the thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Hi there, I'll have a look into this for you.

How long has it been since you contacted the mod?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Hi there, I'll have a look into this for you.

How long has it been since you contacted the mod?

Thanks

3-4 days ago.

Thanks,

If you can forward the PM to me or post it here that'd be great. I'll see what's happening with the mod and ask them to reply, if even just to confirm they are upholding the ban.

Hi there,

Thanks for the PMs. I've managed to contact the mod and they will be in touch if they haven't been already.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭AnGaelach

The issue was resolved, thanks.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, thanks for that. I'll have this marked resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement