Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halpenny golf

Options
  • 02-07-2017 4:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭

Why do halpenny golf only follow offers that mcguirks golf have. Have noticed over time that anytime mcguirks have an offer halpenny will follow with the exact same offer, just at the moment mcguirks have there scrappage offer back and now halpenny have offered the exact same thing, come on halpenny golf try a little and do some offers of your own, don't just follow your competitor, you might even get a little extra business.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

They all do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Just saying, not saying its wrong or right just would like to see a little bit of imagination from halpenny, they should try been a leader sometime instead of the follower. As I said it might get them a bit more business if they show a bit more imagination and try to put themselves out there as been the leader in golf equiptment.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Just saying, not saying its wrong or right just would like to see a little bit of imagination from halpenny, they should try been a leader sometime instead of the follower. As I said it might get them a bit more business if they show a bit more imagination and try to put themselves out there as been the leader in golf equiptment.

Maybe they are happy being second place?

They are probably ticking along nicely and doing well. No need to rock the boat there.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭sdevine89

Because it's more than likely the suppliers/manufacturers who are pushing the promotions not the retailers.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭JP85

Speaking of Halpenny, I really like shopping there, always great to deal with. My question is, what is the story with their loyalty scheme, I spend a lot in store and always give my number but i always wondered what they use if for? I get the odd text to say i am invited to a customer appreciation night but i assume most people signed up get that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭e.r

JP85 wrote: »
    Speaking of Halpenny, I really like shopping there, always great to deal with. My question is, what is the story with their loyalty scheme, I spend a lot in store and always give my number but i always wondered what they use if for? I get the odd text to say i am invited to a customer appreciation night but i assume most people signed up get that?
    Was wondering the same too, recently spent a fortune, hopefully we get more than a txt msg 🀞

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭nailer54321

Halpenny golf will give you 12.5% off if you produce an AXA card, you can get one of these if you are insured by axa insurance. It says on the axa site that it is 12.5% off the lowese price, so you don't have to haggle just produce your card. I find that in mcguirks or halpenny you will always get at least 10% off if you ask for a discount, if oyu don't ask you don't get anything. I also find halpenny golf very good to deal with and the staff seem to know there stuff and are always helpful, just would like to see a little bit more from halpenny golf every now and then instead of following what mcguirks do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

JP85 wrote: »

I asked in-store recently and that's exactly what it is.

To be fair when I asked what deals were on from the text message the guy in the shop reacted in a manner that said it was the first he'd heard of it, so perhaps there are various levels of text notifications (because obviously nobody else had enquired).

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭gotapaininmy

anybody got experience of waiting for clubs to be delivered from Halpenny?  I ordered a set with them on the 16th Aug and they gave me the usual 7-10 business days for delivery (it's never 7 is it and all too infrequently 10)  so here I am 12 business days later and no sign of the clubs.  I called on day 10 and the guy said he would call the rep and get back to me and never did.  I called again yesterday and the guy just said we'll call you when they're in.  It amazes me these days that you can track nearly everything you order from pillar to post but golf clubs seem to disappear into the ether when ordered and nobody knows where they are until the magically arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Tom.D.BJJ

anybody got experience of waiting for clubs to be delivered from Halpenny?  I ordered a set with them on the 16th Aug and they gave me the usual 7-10 business days for delivery (it's never 7 is it and all too infrequently 10)  so here I am 12 business days later and no sign of the clubs.  I called on day 10 and the guy said he would call the rep and get back to me and never did.  I called again yesterday and the guy just said we'll call you when they're in.  It amazes me these days that you can track nearly everything you order from pillar to post but golf clubs seem to disappear into the ether when ordered and nobody knows where they are until the magically arrive.

Tell them to cancel your order and see how quickly they move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »

Its normally the manufacturer, i have had to wait up to 3 weeks for ping clubs in the recent past with a different golf shop. Not Halpenny or McGuirks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Dbu

Ping by any chance?

Not Ping no, Wilson in this case.

backspin. wrote: »
    Tom.D.BJJ wrote: »

Its normally the manufacturer, i have had to wait up to 3 weeks for ping clubs in the recent past with a different golf shop. Not Halpenny or McGuirks.
    Agreed, it's the same with all golf clubs it seems no matter where you get them from.  I had a similar experience with a putter I bought form a different retailer.  that's the part I don't understand though, with all the tracking capabilities there are these days, when you order golf clubs you're just supposed to have blind trust that they will arrive when they are supposed to and you are none the wiser if there is any problem with the delivery until you chase it up yourself.

Halpenny have since been in in direct contact with the manufacturer in the UK and I now have a delivery date of next Tuesday so 14-15 business days instead of the 7-10.

Advertisement