Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A tree on a private property prevents access to telephone pole

Options
  • 02-07-2017 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a legal question about this: i'be been trying to get a broadband line installed from the pole to my house. Two different engineers (eircom and then Vodafone ) came but couldn't wire my house because the pole which is on a private property behind my house is covered by the branches of a tree. They both said I have to get this tree trimmed. The problem is the owner of this tree never answers either on the door or phone or letters.
    Is there some way I could get this tree trimmed without the owner's authorisation? Say, for public utility?
    I'm not aware at all of Irish laws, being a foreigner working and living in Ireland for a few months.
    Many thanks to who could help me out of this issue.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Hand saw and a dark night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I have a legal question about this: i'be been trying to get a broadband line installed from the pole to my house. Two different engineers  (eircom and then Vodafone ) came but couldn't wire my house because the pole which is on a private property behind my house is covered by the branches of a tree. They both said I have to get this tree trimmed. The problem is the owner of this tree never answers either on the door or phone or letters.
    Is there some way I could get this tree trimmed without the owner's authorisation?  Say, for public utility?
    I'm not aware at all of Irish laws, being a foreigner working and living in Ireland for a few months.
    Many thanks to who could help me out of this issue.
    Hi Marianne13400,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm afraid that if a tree is on someone else's property, our technicians wouldn't have any authorisation to trim these branches. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to advise you on any other ways that you could legally get this tree trimmed.

Sorry I can't give you more information here.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Marianne13400

Thanks a lot. I could talk with the owner and he gave me the right to trim the tree. That's a good ending !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Thanks a lot. I could talk with the owner and he gave me the right to trim the tree. That's a good ending !
    No problem, glad to hear you got it sorted :) 

- Adam

Advertisement