Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France Stage 3: Verviers - Longwy 212,5km

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Anything happen yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭Somedude9

EC1000 wrote: »
    Sam is not taking part so no reason to mention him. Dan is borderline top 10 and gets mentioned a good bit - more likely to grab a stage than finish top 5 I would have thought (hope I'm wrong).

They were talking in general, not about the sprinters at the tour. Dan is very much a GC man in this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

not yet 2.5k to go....all together.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Dan got 3rd behind Sagan and Matthews!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,255 ✭✭✭MPFGLB

Great ride by both Irish lads....bonus seconds for Dan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Sagan unclips and has to start sprint again and still gets it :eek:

Got to start thinking of Dan for the podium ...I know he is fast on these type of climbs but he is in fantastic form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

Long time lurker, but I had to register for this.

How can anyone be complaining about British Eurosport talking too much about British riders?

It's all on TG4 if you want to ignore the English language completely - they also mention Dan. And why wasn't it mentioned in the poll? I think TG4's coverage is great, albeit I can only make out the English words.

Ps. For any fluent Irish speakers, how is the commentary?
    Give it 3 weeks and you will be fluent in Cycling Irish. It's like watching the Cyclo-cross on Sporza you will understand what you need.
    14 years of school has it set in your subconscious 😆

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Porte looked strong there. Sagan won that on practically one leg. Amazing stuff.

General classification after stage 3

1 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Sky 10:00:31
    2 Christopher Froome (GBr) Team Sky 0:00:12
    3 Michael Matthews (Aus) Team Sunweb 0:00:12
    4 Peter Sagan (Svk) Bora-Hansgrohe 0:00:13
    5 Edvald Boasson Hagen (Nor) Dimension Data 0:00:16
    6 Pierre Roger Latour (Fra) AG2R La Mondiale 0:00:25
    7 Philippe Gilbert (Bel) Quick-Step Floors 0:00:30
    8 Michal Kwiatkowski (Pol) Team Sky 0:00:32
    9 Tim Wellens (Bel) Lotto Soudal 0:00:32
    10 Nikias Arndt (Ger) Team Sunweb 0:00:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

great finish

That Eurosport jingle sounds like something from Who Wants to be a Millionaire

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Why is sagan wearing bmx goggles

neris wrote: »

Because Sagan I guess is the best answer :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭pelevin

To win after clipping out more or less in the sprint - incredible. Great to see Dan right up there & especially pleasing to see him positioning himself well right through the last couple of km's.

pelevin wrote: »
    To win after clipping out more or less in the sprint - incredible. Great to see Dan right up there & especially pleasing to see him positioning himself well right through the last couple of km's.

positioning himself is the phrase as little help from the superstars at QSF

MPFGLB wrote: »
    positioning himself is the phrase as little help from the superstars at QSF

Twas easy to see Dan all right as you couldn't confuse him with other QSF jerseys. Good that didn't hinder him though. As the Beatles song goes, "Think for yourself cos I won't be there with you."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Because he is paid to show them off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Eamonnator wrote: »
    Because he is paid to show them off.

and I saw on twitter he's going snowboarding this evening!

https://twitter.com/nealrogers/status/881905059360985088

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

40/1 for Dan as an e/w would have been good today if only I had listened to myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

retalivity wrote: »
    The Irish lads on tg4 are pretty knowledgable...and come with some mad quasi-irish words!
    What's "bonyfikshun" as gaeilge?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭rtmie

rtmie wrote: »
    retalivity wrote: »
    The Irish lads on tg4 are pretty knowledgable...and come with some mad quasi-irish words!
    What's "bonyfikshun" as gaeilge?
    I mean bonyfikayshun of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Steve SilverMint

Great effort from Dan today but Sagan is some man to win that despite unclipping in the run in.

Surprising given his Spring form that Gilbert wasn't in the mix at all today on presumably a golden chance for a stage win in terms of the stage finish. Part maybe of what's so special about Sagan is that he manages to fully motivate himself for various parts of the season - even if overall the Spring classics haven't been as successful for him through his career yet as they might have been. Can't be easy after what it takes to be in prime condition for that part of the season to then get right back up there again. It's a big drop off from Gilbert not to be in the mix on that kind of finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Stage highlights (in English) starting on TG4 now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

Every Dog on the street will soon be wearing them :cool:

421453.jpg

Stage highlights (in English) starting on TG4 now

Think I'll go with those highlights in future, enjoyed the ozzy lads. Commentary was OK, actually they picked up Froome and Thomas at the end which surprisingly Eurosport did not. Actually only spotted Quintana was there too at the end in the highlights. 11 place.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Think I'll go with those highlights in future, enjoyed the ozzy lads. Commentary was OK, actually they picked up Froome and Thomas at the end which surprisingly Eurosport did not. Actually only spotted Quintana was there too at the end in the highlights. 11 place.

It's a handy if you don't have much spare time in the evening. But I think a 30 minute show is just that bit too short though (except for flat/sprint stages).

I think during their commentary of the finish they completely forgot/neglected Dan though!

Advertisement