Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling routes in Kerry

Options
  • 02-07-2017 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭

I'm planning on doing some cycling in Kerry this coming weekend, will be based in the Killarney area.

Could anyone recommend routes / throw up some strava files of good spins in the area ? Preferably around the 100k mark - Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Will post routes during the week but just to give ya stuff to be looking at.
    Killarney>Killorglin>Caragh Lake>Coffee in Glencar>Ballycullane>Beaufort>Back to Killarney.

Obvious must do is up Gap of Dunloe and Black Valley and down to Killarney through Molls Gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Obvious must do is up Gap of Dunloe and Black Valley and down to Killarney through Molls Gap.

This is a great route I did it a couple of weeks back. The sun was splitting the stones :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

Hard to pick a bad route on interior of Iveragh peninsula.

However, if riding solo I wouldn't ride Molls Gap road out of Killarney other than very early in the morning. It magic then, but not so magic with a load of tourists in cars later in day.

An alternative from Killarney is the back road to Tralee via Firies, onto Knocknagoshel and back via a few lumpy back roads avoiding most of Tralee main road.

A manly route would be Molls via Dunloe, Kenmare, Borlin, Priest's Leap and home via Molls again.

I'll map a few during the week

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

nilhg wrote: »

smashing ride this, healy and caha passes on a spin and you can't go wrong

• Advertisement
Advertisement