Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

self propelled petrol mower.

Options
  • 02-07-2017 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭

Hi all,

Self propelled petrol lawnmower, is a mower that you walk behind & the mower goes its self. yes.

at the moment im using a petrol push mower., that i can push & pull, at any speed i want to go..ie , stroll (take my time) or run (rush the job).
    the mower i have as no engine acceleration, it rev's its self when i go into long grass.
    i can pull backwards & it still cuts (but not as good as pushing it).

i only paid 120 euro for the mower & that was about 5yr or more, & used on half acre ground.. engine running for about 1 & half hrs, stopping to empty bag.

but the self propelled mower...-
    does the engine self rev, or do you have control of it (with a throtle).?

does the mower have any speed of movement. (do you have to run to keep up with the mower,) can you control how fast you walk behind the mower.?

can you pull them.?

thanks all,
    i never used 1 of these self propelled mowers.
    i been on a small ride on & dont really like them.
    push mower is great, but easier is better..

thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,567 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

It depends on what you want to spend really.

A basic self propelled will be very similar to your own as in you can start it and push pull all you like, it will have a lever you pull and it goes forward.

More expensive models have maybe 3 speeds to select from.

More expensive models again have hydrostatic drive where you have complete variable forward speed by gradually moving a lever.

Most have a lever to rev up, but honestly it's a case where they are ran flat out all the time.

Now, we run lots of mowers at work and I did notice with some self propelled that the forward speed is too fast, not a problem on the larger variable speed mowers, but definitely some of the basic single speed self propelled mowers recently are a bit too fast.

Advertisement