Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin is dump full of scum

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Sexy Sex Offender

Opski tells the truth. Dublin is bydlo central.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,135 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Beat it immigents country's full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭mikemac2

368100 wrote: »
    I'm fed up of people moving here by their own choice and then slating the place.

Yes, those damn culchies moving to Dublin and then moaning, kick 'em out :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

hondatown wrote: »
    :D

Are you still here? Thought you would have been on the next flight home....mustn't have been that great though as you left your home country as well.

Anyway... In the spirit of boards ( aka get this I***t out of here) can we have a whip around to get him the air fare home as soon as possible.

If you don't like us, don't feel you need to stay!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Permit me to recommend Paris, OP.
    Lots of lively banlieux where there is absolutely no litter, nobody spits, dogs don't sh1t, there are no muggings and they simply love immigrants from other cultures. Totally different from Dublin. They even speak French!
    GO THERE, YOU WILL LOVE IT AND THEY WILL LOVE YOU.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Johngoose

I think the Irish have this mentality that foreigners should only praise Ireland and rave about its beauty.Another poster alluded to this in the cringeworthy style that the Late Late Show deals with celebrities from abroad. Tubridy: "Your great grand mother was Irish." Celebrity: "yes she was. I love Ireland it's an amazing country and I love visiting here." (Cue: clapping from audience). I personally don't think of Dublin as being one place. I think of Dublin as being made up of many different parts, I love certain areas of the city and it's hinterland.There are parts of the city centre and suburbs that I don't like.For example Grafton Street is much more pleasant than O' Connell Street, just to give a basic example.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Johngoose wrote: »
    Grafton Street is much more pleasant than O' Connell Street, just to give a basic example.

No other city on Earth is like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

In Russia Capital owns you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

In this thread: Guy who got pissed in his local Irish pub every second weekend since he was 16, traveled on a school trip to Dublin, spent a week in Temple bar with a flat cap and Guinness T-shirt decided after his mediocre degree in something business that he is totally down for some nice laid-back Irish lifestyle with 9-5 and drinking in the office.
    Came here, found a boxroom for e800/ month, got mugged by some junkie on day 3 and realized that an umbrella is useless when it rains due to the winds.
    Now he's mad and miserable that it's nothing like the brochure promised and rants on board about stuff every Irish person ever knows.

Next please.

You think Dublin is bad?

You'd better steer clear of Limerick then.

Those animals have a band of rubbery banditos there who will not give two fecks about you or your poxy Honda whatchamacallit because they'll have a horse outside.

Speaking of horses, don't bring your girlfriend there either or they'll......well, trust me on this one.

Yeah, best thing you can do is stock up on fresh bread, pickles and VHS cassette tapes and head eastwards.

You can tell everyone how leaving Fraggle Rock was a terrible idea after all.

Kick in the goolies. Good enough for ye.

Spahzayswha?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

Day Lewin wrote: »
    Permit me to recommend Paris, OP.

Or Brussels for that matter,especially around gar du nord,even the ropiest parts of Dublin are like monte carlo in comparison

[...inspired rant...]

hehe. I enjoyed this. We genuinely need to hear more of this foreign perspective, especially if it's from some socially and environmentally advanced Scandinavian country, for instance. Nevertheless, the only thing more entertaining is how bad the foreign place you voluntarily left (and all the places between it and here) must have been to choose to come to this godforsaken hole. Are you from Cork?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Mr.S wrote: »
    Horrible weather? You are from Eastern Europe, you should be used to the elements. Dublin gets really bland weather. Did you honestly expect anything else!?

And what Dublin is supposed to do about the weather, I dunno. As if Dublin City Councils are in control of it - sunshine is to be rationed like bringing out the special cutlery for visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭MagicHumanDoll

I'm a male expat from east Europe previously living in Austria-Switzerland-Germany triangle.
    What an ugly architecture. Town is flooded by those post-industrial brown brick buildings, which are covered by decays, dirt, dust and ugly cabling lines.

I don't wanna be too judging of this comment but Dublin has one of the most beautiful architecture in European cities.

Regretfully, as part of the deal with most Georgian buildings being 200+ years old (Henrietta Street has buildings built in the 1700s) they won't look as clean and new as some other architecture.

It's stunning, the meanings behind the facades and the sophistication in design and building. The golden ratio, sash windows, crown glass. Ooh so good.

7816979.jpg

Insult the scumbags and the state of Irish racism, I'm behind you on that, but don't you dare attack the architecture! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'd like to call troll on the original post, I really would.

Shall also consider the term "full of scum", and reply that we're not all scum. Nice generalising there!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How do you know the nordies aren't as rude as the Dublin folk, sure you said yourself you can't understand their accents. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

In Russia Capital owns you.

Apt username, Tovarich.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 13,844 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Or Brussels for that matter,especially around gar du nord,even the ropiest parts of Dublin are like monte carlo in comparison

which part of Brussels is it that the train goes past the red light district and all the hookers wave out the window at you? we need that here

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Yellow pack crisps

You walked into the wrong pub OP. The one next door had the big and welcoming party for you and hugs galore, it is such a shame you missed it. A thousand welcomes anyway.

Like any major city it has good and bad points but i would defiantly think Dublin is by far one of the friendliest cities in Europe, you can generally strike up a conversation with lots of people in pubs here if you are yourself friendly.

Architecture is beautiful in some places and dreadful in others but hey really its a very old city so it can only improve upon rather than start again, to be honest i kinda like the mixture of whats going on. I think we are trying to keep an independent streak within the city regarding cafe shops, restaurants, small coo little shops etc but its hard to swim against the tide of globalism with the huge costs etc for starting business etc, but we are trying.

Honestly the arts, live music, film and theater etc is top drawn here, there is something or even many things going on every night, even on a cold and wet dull Monday night you can do lots of exciting things that do not involve or have to involve alcohol. There is plenty of friendly and open groups with different activities goings on every night that people want you to contribute and come too, have you tried?

Addiction is a problem within our city. Not one we hide well but why should we? We should be forcing the government to deal with this issue in a humane way instead of a criminal one. A failing.

Parks! The best parks and activities for people and children in Europe on a local level. We have everything from beautiful beaches, to walks, to full on gigantic parks all on our doorstep. I could go on but i get the feeling the failures are mostly you and not us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

3 main problems with Dublin...

Cost (renting in particular)
    Junkies
    Transport

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

worded wrote: »
    What nationality are you pls ?

He's Irish. He uses far too many Irish
    colloquialisms to be anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Yourself isit

Yes. I said very tolerant people, but with having embedded dislike towards foreigners. For instance, I can dislike somebody, but to a higher extend I won't show this on the outside. I may talk to him, I may smile to him, I may normally serve him, I may be correct, but inside I dislike him and on the longer run I wouldn't befriend him / be interested in him.

In some countries I was never smiled at. People threw stuff in my face. My order never arrived or it arrived after everybody else got their stuff first, even if they ordered later that I did. People acted douche, snobby etc... now these people not only disliked me, but they were also intolerant.

How are you telling people's innermost thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭I love Sean nos

a male expat
    What? :confused:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

To be believable as a "male expat from eastern europe" you should at least have picked BMWtown as a name here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

I don't wanna be too judging of this comment but Dublin has one of the most beautiful architecture in European cities.

Regretfully, as part of the deal with most Georgian buildings being 200+ years old (Henrietta Street has buildings built in the 1700s) they won't look as clean and new as some other architecture.

It's stunning, the meanings behind the facades and the sophistication in design and building. The golden ratio, sash windows, crown glass. Ooh so good.

7816979.jpg

Insult the scumbags and the state of Irish racism, I'm behind you on that, but don't you dare attack the architecture! :P

That's my office in of of those those buildings. best place in the city.

Nice trolling OP, 10/10. Bet you're not complaining when your pay cheque comes in and it's multiples of what you can earn in your home country?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Thread closed, because, well, generalisations.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement