Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do with cut grass?

Options
  • 03-07-2017 7:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭

I have done some changes in garden and the place where I would normally fire the grass is no longer a dead area. So I am left with no place to throw the grass. I have been able to use the mulcher so far but I don't think I will have time going forward

Just wondering what do people do with grass?

I was thinking if I got large skip bag and filled it each time and brought to recycle area? Bit of work to do that alone so just wondering what other options....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,073 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You can compost if you mix it with brown stuff (e.g. chippings).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Shake it along the base of a hedge, as a slow-break-down mulch.

Pile beside your compost bin and add a few large handfuls on top of the new compost every few days.

You could build a little ornamental bunker for it, as a disguise - some logs laid log-cabin style. Strangely, the grass does not over-pile, because the lower layers compost themselves down. You'll feel the heat!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

You could put it in your brown bin or bring it to a recycling centre, or maybe just leave it on the lawn / don't rake it. We put ours in the compost.

Advertisement