Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find a cleaner in South Dublin?

Options
  • 03-07-2017 9:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

Myself and my partner both work full time and also have pretty full lives outside of work, meaning that we're always coming/going and household chorse sometimes get put on the long finger. We would ideally like to have a cleaner for a few hours, maybe once a forthnight, or even weekly if thats what the cleaner would prefer to help out with some of the jobs at home that tend to get on top of us.

In our previous apartment we had a regular cleaner who we sourced from Hassle.ie (I know its now Helping.ie) and she was great. She just came for 2 hours every 2 weeks and did a bit of hoovering and gave the bathrooms a once over and cleaned the kitchen floor. Using Hassle worked out really well for over a year.

Anyway, we've since moved and have not managed any consistency since. When we first moved in, we had a girl (again through Hassle) for a few months, but she suddenly became unavailable and despite a few efforts on their part to find us someone else, (we had a no show) they ultimately said they'd no one in our area and were unable to help. I've periodically checked the website and when I put in our locality, there are still no results.

We're not living in the back of beyond (Stillorgan!) but it seems the online route is a bust. Can anyone suggest an alternative firm who actually have people in the area or even recommend someone based on their own experience?

I always thought the prices Hassle charged were very cheap for both parties to actually be making any money so I am happy to pay more, I just need someone regular and reliable!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Ask friends/neighbors? Any friends have teenage kids who would like to make a few quid over the summer while on school break?

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

Have used a company called About Time for a few years and found them to be reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

Ask friends/neighbors? Any friends have teenage kids who would like to make a few quid over the summer while on school break?

I've tried the few neighbours I know, no joy so far. Ideally I don't want a teenager as I want this to last beyond the summer!
    qb123 wrote: »
    Have used a company called About Time for a few years and found them to be reliable.

Thanks, I'll look them up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭SozBbz

I've mailed About Time and am waiting for them to come back to me. Their pricing for my exact requirement seems hard to gague from their website, seems I'll need them to specifically quote me.

I've also found another company called HomeConcierge.ie, which I like the look of (mainly because they've a good website and booking seems easy!) Has anyone had any experience with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

What about Pristine.ie? I always see their vans out and about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement