Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking ticket Bray

Options
  • 03-07-2017 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Went to the seafront for lunch with the family yesterday and I couldn't get parking. After about 20 minutes circling (not exaggerating) I eventually parked on a double-yellow.
    I did this because:
    - there were lots of cars parked on double-yellows due to the lack of parking
    - I literally could not find anywhere else
    - the place where I parked did not seem (to me) to cause any problems for other cars.

So, got back to the car to see a piece of paper (not a ticket) under the windscreen wiper.
    "A fix charge notice for the ticked alleged office will be issued to the driver of this vehicle" - "Double Yellow".

What can I expect to be fined for this?

Hold my hands up that I was in the wrong but, it seems a bit rough to be ticketed on a Sunday in a place where visitors should be welcomed and sufficient parking can't be provided.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Doesn't sound like an official ticket.

But I don't know what you expect when parking on a yellow line.

Problem is everybody goes to the seafront in cars and expect to park as close as possible to there.

Free parking is available on Quinsboro/Florence road car park, and only a 5 minute walk to the seafront but people don't use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

BraveDonut wrote: »
    Went to the seafront for lunch with the family yesterday and I couldn't get parking. After about 20 minutes circling (not exaggerating) I eventually parked on a double-yellow.
    I did this because:
    - there were lots of cars parked on double-yellows due to the lack of parking
    - I literally could not find anywhere else
    - the place where I parked did not seem (to me) to cause any problems for other cars.

So, got back to the car to see a piece of paper (not a ticket) under the windscreen wiper.
    "A fix charge notice for the ticked alleged office will be issued to the driver of this vehicle" - "Double Yellow".

What can I expect to be fined for this?

Hold my hands up that I was in the wrong but, it seems a bit rough to be ticketed on a Sunday in a place where visitors should be welcomed and sufficient parking can't be provided.

Double yellows apply 7 days a week - it's the same everywhere. It's a popular spot, they could turn more of it into carparks (indeed I think they're planning to) but at some point people won't want to visit a huge seaside carpark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Nobody is entitled to parking. No parking doesn’t mean you have any right to throw the car anywhere

I’ve been to bray and not found parking. Sucks but if you can’t find somewhere move on. Be there early or take train next time

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

There are alternative parking spots not directly on the sea front itself. Firstly the aforementioned car park on Quinsborough Rd. (currently advertised by a big illuminated sign), Quinsborough Rd. itself, Seymour Rd. alongside the football ground, the harbour, the cliff path car park at the end of Raheen Pk., or even the car park of the Bray Head Hotel if you're prepared to pay €3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

Alun wrote: »
    There are alternative parking spots not directly on the sea front itself. Firstly the aforementioned car park on Quinsborough Rd. (currently advertised by a big illuminated sign)
    The sign must be new, because that place is usually well hidden. Mainly because its only a "temporary" spot in a derelict building site. Although "temporary" can last a long time.
    Seymour Rd. alongside the football ground,
    Maybe free on a Sunday, but its normally disc parking isn't it? Anyway free parking is no good if all the spaces are taken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The sign has been there for a while now, a good few weeks at least it's one of those big signs they use to warn of road works etc.. The car park is on ground that is destined for a new shopping centre yes but it too has been there for years. The parking alongside the football ground is pay and display, but is free at certain times, not sure if that includes Sunday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭recedite

In the very beginning they should have opened up an access to that CP off the main street, and then put up a big sign pointing in to it so that shoppers would know it was there.

But they probably never thought the site would lie undeveloped for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

That would most likely be a garda ticket.

It must have where to pay if not you will receive in post.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

If it were up to me I would ban public parking outside car parks on the seafront. So none along the road.

Nothing worse that have a nice beauty sport like Bray seafront and there are just cars everywhere.

Most drivers have a sense of entitlement and find the idea parking away from the area and walking a little abhorrent but it would be much better.

Less traffic on the seafront would make it safer for kids as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Guards have been out in force ticketing cars in the areas around the beach on the last few Sundays. Cars parked on corners and half on footpaths on the roads near the beach have also been ticketed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The paper is just an informal heads up by the guard, the fcpn is issued later.

Advertisement