Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psychotherpy (part-time)

Options
  • 03-07-2017 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, I am looking for some direction in relation to studying part-time in Psychotherapy.

I have an interview scheduled with The Tivoli Institute so would greatly appreciate any tips/advice from anyone on the course on what might be covered in order to best prep.

I ideally would like a weekend part-time course and would welcome any recommendations.
    I have not completed any foundation course as yet and would like if possible to start in Yr 1 of the 4yr degree.

I'm based in Wicklow so Dublin course options are perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 CarolineLily

ElaineEO wrote: »
    Hi all, I am looking for some direction in relation to studying part-time in Psychotherapy.

I have an interview scheduled with The Tivoli Institute so would greatly appreciate any tips/advice from anyone on the course on what might be covered in order to best prep.

I ideally would like a weekend part-time course and would welcome any recommendations.
    I have not completed any foundation course as yet and would like if possible to start in Yr 1 of the 4yr degree.

I'm based in Wicklow so Dublin course options are perfect.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I'm just about to start a part time degree course in DBS. It's a BA in Counselling and psychotherapy. It runs for 4 years and it's every Monday and Friday (18.15-21.30) and 10 Saturdays a year (9.30-18.00).

I did the diploma version of this course last year with DBS to test the waters and see how the college works etc and I loved it. The lecturers were so supportive and had heaps of knowledge to offer.

The college offers flexible payment plans and don't harass you for fees. The fees are €4,950 per year but there's loads of choices in paying them off. This course is acreddited with the IACP which I think is important for finding future employment and placement etc. I think it would be worth your while having a look at DBS.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

Advertisement