Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If Bray Wanderers go bust, which new team would you like to see in the LOI?

• 03-07-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭

The reports and rumours coming out of the Carlisle Grounds are desperate if you're a Bray fan. Nobody is certain what's going on or if there'll even be a Bray Wanderers soon. My question is, if they do go belly up, who would you like to see replace them? Would you like to see another Wicklow club? Perhaps a ressurection of Monaghan or Kilkenny? Maybe someone completely new like a Tralee Dynamos or Kerry club. Someone from outside the 26 counties or even Ireland? There was talk of an Isle of Mann team joining a while back.

Have your say.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Libadour

I remember hearing that Monaghan were putting building blocks in place for a return some time in the near future. Always enjoyed going there so I'll go for them. Less realistically, a team from Kerry would be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

The Dublin Dons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

AFC Bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

They should be allowed start again in the First Division like everyone else has been.

If there's an appetite for starting it among the fans that is.

Owners should be banned from running a football club in Ireland again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,949 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Linfield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Bray Settlers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 642 ✭✭✭Lyle Lanley

Monaghan. But on the condition that we can buy pints in the clubhouse and take them onto the terrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Monaghan. But on the condition that we can buy pints in the clubhouse and take them onto the terrace.

And Mondogs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭tastyt

Id like to see a midlands team around tipp, laois, offaly, carlow, kilkenny to widen the net of interest in the league. Promote it properly from the start and have young local talent on show along the lines of wexford.

Failing that, kildare county did have potential, if it was run properly as a kildare team and not dublin exiles, the towns of naas and Newbridge are large populations to be tapped into.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

CSF wrote: »
    They should be allowed start again in the First Division like everyone else has been.

If there's an appetite for starting it among the fans that is.

Owners should be banned from running a football club in Ireland again.

This. As someone from Bray, the club under the current owners have made absolutely no effort with the people in the town. The agenda has been there for all to see over the last 2 years. That joke of a statement at half time on Friday was the icing on the cake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

The Dublin Dons.

They dont exist ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not yet, but I still think Eamon Dunphy and Joe Kinear will come good - https://www.balls.ie/football/balls-remembers-complete-story-wimbledon-almost-came-dublin-135956

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Bray Youths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭SEANoftheDEAD

An update from Bray Wanderers chairman Denis O'Connor:
    "There has been a positive response from fans, people in County Wicklow and supporters in organising the funds. Time is obviously an issue but I feel that we can bridge that gap.
    "We have not even considered playing our Under 19’s in the senior league nor did we consider even asking the players to defer payments until a later date.
    "Our plan is to pay the players as we did, continue the show and let them do their talking on the field.
    "Right now I have a plan which is nearly there - I want to thank all those who are supporting us and giving us the time and space to fix everything in the club.
    "I expect to be able to give a further update tomorrow evening."

s8n wrote: »
    They dont exist ??

Joe Kinnear and Sam Hammam are only a phone call away :)

So was it all just a ruse to scare a few quid out of the fans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

If this Bray fold they'll just set up as afc Bray or Bray fc in the first division. With the switch to the two divisions of ten teams the FAI will make sure there's 20 clubs in the loi going into next year.
    Libadour wrote: »
    I remember hearing that Monaghan were putting building blocks in place for a return some time in the near future. Always enjoyed going there so I'll go for them. Less realistically, a team from Kerry would be great.

They approached the FAI a couple of years back about joining the new underage national leagues with a view to building an underage structure with a view to possibly getting back into senior football. FAI also had an application from the Cavan-Monaghan schoolboy league to join the u17s league and both sides were told work together.

Kerry have a team in the underage leagues as well as Mayo who are starting out at u15s this season. With the u13s set to come in during 18/19 would be nice to see some other leagues set up in the 13s and 15s leagues with a view to moving into 17s and 19s putting the building blocks there for a possible senior. But unfortunately I can't see anything happening with Monaghan, Kerry or Mayo unless the FAI make it financially viable for teams to start out in the senior football.

Just gonna see if there's any more ideas onnew teams coming on board with Limerick gone. I know Shamrock Rovers II have come in but any others you'd like to see step up? Any thoughts on Dundalk II or are we just at nothing with second sides entering the fray? Would you like to see a Limerick side back? Someone new?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Omackeral wrote: »
    Just gonna see if there's any more ideas onnew teams coming on board with Limerick gone. I know Shamrock Rovers II have come in but any others you'd like to see step up? Any thoughts on Dundalk II or are we just at nothing with second sides entering the fray? Would you like to see a Limerick side back? Someone new?

You do realise that somehow Limerick could be back this season right? Pat O'Sullivan has a neck like a jockeys bollix, but they're in the pot for a license.

You do realise that somehow Limerick could be back this season right?

The fixtures have been announced already. Where would they slot in? Would be messy having an uneven number of teams also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Omackeral wrote: »
    The fixtures have been announced already. Where would they slot in? Would be messy having an uneven number of teams also.
    Nothing complicated but fixtures would need to be re-done as it will need to be 3 games versus each team instead of 4, play-offs would have to be shortened too but that would be a good thing with 2nd to 5th currently qualifying. The league will have their fixture generators ready for a 33 matchday/12 team league and then the fixtures involving the missing 12th team are removed from the schedule

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

Distillery

Advertisement