Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PW Spotlight - (AMA) - CasterTroy

• 03-07-2017 12:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭

Its the next PW Spotlight of 2017 and its with Nic Cage himself...

CastorTroy

So heres the skinny on how this thread works! Its basically a AMA type deal featuring a PW boardsie.

Basically each week I shall start a new thread with a different member of PW Boards featured each week

In this thread the other boardies can ask him or her a host of different questions. Questions can vary from favourite match, to how they came up with their usernames to what the had for tea last night, with the aim of the thread being that we know that particular boardsie a bit better when the week is done.

There are some rules :
    1. Questions should be Pro Wrestling related although some leeway is allowed e.g. TV and Film interests (Stuff we all talk about in the Off-Topic Thread)
    2. Let's not have questions that are too personal. The poster doesn't have to answer anything they don't want to.
    3. Moderator has final decision on what questions are appropriate or deemed too personal or unrelated.
    4. No discussion of poster's answers in the thread (follow up questions are ok)
    5. Only the poster featured should be answering the questions.
    6. There will be a limit to 3 questions per post.

So without further ado, its Face Off's fav son, Castor....You're up!

Ask away guys!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

What is your earliest wrestling memory?

Favorite wrestler now/ in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

1) If there was one wrestlers return that you could re-book which one would it be and why?

2) What was your favourite ring gear?

3) How big is Batista's dick?

4) Favorite shoot interview?

5) Will the GFW re-branding of TNA work?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Given how Bayley's been made to look like a total loser recently, you've been asked to revive her stint on the main roster, how would you book said revival?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

If you came into a bit of money and wanted to start a wrestling promotion, what type of wrestling would be your main selling point. Lucha, technical, hardcore etc.

What would you call it?

If you could take a current independent wrestler and create a gimmick for him for.your promotion what would it be.

Same question but for an indie tag team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What is your earliest wrestling memory?

Favorite wrestler now/ in the past

I think the 91 Rumble. But I distinctly remember Warlord's quick elimination by Hogan which was 89. Maybe they just showed a clip on the 91 Rumble.

Bulldog or Bret. Now there are a couple like AJ and The Miz. AJ's just great to watch and the Miz is fun to listen to and can hold his own. Have liked him for a long time
    1) If there was one wrestlers return that you could re-book which one would it be and why?

2) What was your favourite ring gear?

3) How big is Batista's dick?

4) Favorite shoot interview?

5) Will the GFW re-branding of TNA work?

1) Mind has gone blank on guys no longer with WWE. Maybe an EC3 return. I guess he would have to be Derrick Bateman or use a new name. But bring him back and put him against Owens. I would expect a lot of verbal abuse back and forth in that before they even get to fight each other.
    Of course I do suck at fantasy booking which is why I never make it past the first round of Around the Horn

2) The Mountie :) Tough one, but maybe The Undertaker, because unlike others who wore their cotume to the ring before removing it to just be wearing trunks, Taker wore something resembling his character

3) Clearly not as big as Vince's since it seems he keeps losing a dick measuring contest

4) Have only seen one or 2 but Bret Hart saying how WCW was ruined by pointless actions like how he was told to do a run in and he asked why and he was told there didn't have to be a reason. That's one I remember

5) At this rate you could literally call it "T*ts n Ass" and it still wouldn't work if they're just gonna have the same handful of guys. At least they're not relying as heavily on old guys
    Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Given how Bayley's been made to look like a total loser recently, you've been asked to revive her stint on the main roster, how would you book said revival?

By not making a fighter afraid to fight. A couple weeks ago she ran down for the save and it actually made her look better but then last week they ruined that by having her be the first to lose to Nia.
    In NXT she had her feuds with her friends who turned on her. They need Sasha to turn on her. That's how her charcater can be saved.
    Sirsok wrote: »
    If you came into a bit of money and wanted to start a wrestling promotion, what type of wrestling would be your main selling point. Lucha, technical, hardcore etc.

What would you call it?

If you could take a current independent wrestler and create a gimmick for him for.your promotion what would it be.

Same question but for an indie tag team.

FoR Wrestling. Fake or Real Wrestling. May as well own it. And the content will live up to it. If it's to have any success it will involve a mixture of types, but will be mainly technical focused with some in ring skits in lower card matches.
    Being a fan of the Hardcore 24/7 rule, I will have a title for that but we won't be seeing CZW type matches. Just be fun wee bits along with matches.

I'm not an indie watcher so can't really answer the last questions. Though I do like Joe Hendry entrances, after someone here showed a few. So if he could do that on a bigger stage, I would be all for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Please tell me your name is influenced by a particular movie ?

and on that subject your favorite performance in a film by a Wrestler

As beakerjoe rightly said in his intro, it's inspired by Face/Off. Tried to think of a name one day for something and was the first that popped into my head. Though I sometimes try to act more high brow and say it's named after the character in Greek mythology and and battle he was involved in. Which is kind of true since that's who the brothers in Face/Off are named after.

Well Rock and Batista would be the more mainstream answers so will go a wee bit less mainstream and say Roddy Piper in They Live. He was just there to kick ass and chew bubblegum.
    Special mention for Andre in Princess Bride and Jesse Ventura in Predator

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭Sirsok

You mentioned you aint an indie watcher is there any particular reason you dont?

Would you of seen much of say Kevin Owens before NXT?

If you could repackage a current wwe wrestler who would it be and what gimmick wpuld you give them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

You have just won billions and you fancy taking on WWE Who do you build the company around?

Barry's or Lyons?

Coke or Pepsi?

Tayto or walkers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,265 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Favourite wrestling move?

Favourite theme?

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    You mentioned you aint an indie watcher is there any particular reason you dont?

Would you of seen much of say Kevin Owens before NXT?

If you could repackage a current wwe wrestler who would it be and what gimmick wpuld you give them?

I watch too many tv series so fitting in Raw, Smackdown, NXT and biweekly PPVs, as well as Impact sometimes, is already too much wrestling to try and keep up with other shows.

May have seen a clip or 2 but I just know him from NXT. Same with the other indie guys. I only base my opinion on their work in NXT/main roster. Kinda like how the people who didn't watch NXT are now experiencing ones like Bayley. So I was aware of the likes of El Generico and saw a few clips, mostly of his skits.

Not so much a repackage but they need to get the Big E from NXT out on his own on Smackdown. Maybe start with lower card guys to get the five counts going. Even just do it while part of New Day. Some singles matches just to show he can do it.
    You have just won billions and you fancy taking on WWE Who do you build the company around?

Barry's or Lyons?

Coke or Pepsi?

Tayto or walkers?

If I could use someone from WWE, I would like to say AJ. Maybe from a few years ago though so he'll be sticking around a while. He has pretty much helped build Smackdown after helping to build TNA.

I'm a simple man with Tetley's in the cupboard, so neither.

Again, neither as not a fan of coke or Pepsi. The correct answer is Football Special

Tayto. Of course you could also ask Northern Tayto or Southern Tayto. :)
    paulie21 wrote: »
    Favourite wrestling move?

Favourite theme?

I was a fan of Bulldog's running power slam so like seeing Strowman doing the move.
    But I think 2 moves I enjoy seeing so hard to choose, are F5 and Canadian Destroyer.

Favourite theme is a tough one. The older ones are classics like Macho Man and Hogan. Then we have the ones that just hit and you know business has picked up like breaking glass or "If you smellll"
    But I'm gonna go with Shawn Michaels. Has lasted his whole singles career only changing singer. Worked as both a heel and face song and was written for him and sang by him. Though think was sung by Sherri originally.

And we all know the best song used by WWE but wasn't a theme is My Sacrifice used for all thouse videos. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,755 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Whos your fav poster on PW Boards?

Whats the worst match you saw considering you had high hope sit was going to be great?

If you were made a wrestler tomorrow, what would your name and gimmick be?

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

What are your top three favourite matches?

What is favourite character or gimmick that you've seen in wrestling?

You mentioned that you watch a lot of TV series. What would consider your three favourite TV series that you've watched or are currently watching?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

1) What has been your favourite era of WWE eg Hulkamania era, New Generation, Attitude Era etc...

2) Who is the greatest IC Champion of all time? Doesnt have to be your favourite just the guy/girl that defines the IC Title to you?

3) What is your favourite belt design?

4) If you could choose any two commentators from WWE history to be a two man commentary team who would you choose?

5) What is/was your favourite board game?

Advertisement