Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP: Do I need a new tyre?

Options
  • 03-07-2017 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I was tightening the valve on my Conti Sprinter Tubular and the valve nipple snapped off. It's not losing any air right now. See pic attached

I'm new to tubular tyres, will this require a new tyre?

Pretty costly, I was wondering if the valve could be changed?

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

I suspect that the valve core will fall into the tube when you next inflate it. It doesn't look like a replaceable valve either.

It seems that there are presta valve extenders available which might sort you out. They're designed for removable core valves but may work in this case also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I've had that happen to me twice with tubes and I've always replaced the tube. The tyre might hold pressure but you won't be able to pump the tyre up or check the pressure, and if anything gets into the seal then it won't hold pressure.
    I'd replace it

Advertisement