Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best venue?

Options
  • 03-07-2017 2:45pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭

Looking for a venue for a bbq type weekend evening out for group of 25-40 people of mature vintage 40-60+ years , reasonable food, a place you can have a chat and good atmosphere, beer garden a plus? Ideally not a loud pub, hotels yes, city centre or Salthill?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

I instantly thought the back of O'Connell's, but it does get busy!

I hear Carroll's has a savage beer garden now as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I know I've seen a hotel with a large ad in the Advertiser the last few weeks.

The few times I've been to Crowe's for a bbq have been good as your group can really take over the place and the food was good too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Tonerys and crowes would prob be quieter than o connolls or Carrols and both do BBQ...

I saw that ad in the advertiser too about a hotels new beer garden- can't for the life of me think of which one !

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah Tonnerys and Crowes both have BBQ areas IIRC
    Ring and check

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Try the Ardilaun, they have a lovely garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭?Cee?view

The Radisson have a great area which would be perfect for that size and age profile of group. Straight in the main entrance, there's a seperate bar area to the lift which opens to a terrace area. I've been at and also hosted exactly the size of event you're talking. Food is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

try o reillys rooftop bar in salthill. they were doing some cooking when it opened. ive not been myself yet but it looks deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I seen a post somewhere about a pub with a Double decker bus in its garden but I can't remember the name of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

flazio wrote: »
    I seen a post somewhere about a pub with a Double decker bus in its garden but I can't remember the name of the place.

http://connachttribune.ie/old-double-decker-bus-becomes-pubs-pizza-parlour-300/

Advertisement