Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fiber at Grangegorman lower?

Options
  • 03-07-2017 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Whats the story with the blackhole of service at the junction of Grangegorman lower and Brunswick street north? 50 to 100 Feet in any direction from this junction is fiber enabled, but that spot just can't seem to get any service? All adjacent cabinets are finer enabled too. Really confusing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Cryco wrote: »
    Whats the story with the blackhole of service at the junction of Grangegorman lower and Brunswick street north? 50 to 100 Feet in any direction from this junction is fiber enabled, but that spot just can't seem to get any service? All adjacent cabinets are finer enabled too. Really confusing
    Hi Cryco,

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you currently an eir customer? If so, can you PM me your account number and eir code please? If not, could you PM me your full home address and eir code please? 

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cryco

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Cryco,

Thanks for getting in touch. Are you currently an eir customer? If so, can you PM me your account number and eir code please? If not, could you PM me your full home address and eir code please? 

- Adam
    So as an update to this I spoke with my neighbours last night. We live in the same house converted into two apartments. They have 150mb broadband and had the option of 1000mb, so fiber extreme. For 30 minutes yesterday I was told I couldn't get fiber at all with the only explanation of why two apartments within the same building would have different availability being " there are many cabinets in every town". I find it impossible to believe one building is connected to two separate cabinets
    It looks like the tools that are being used to check availability are completely wrong??
    Also I sent you a PM with the address to check. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Cryco,

- Adam
    So as an update to this I spoke with my neighbours last night. We live in the same house converted into two apartments. They have 150mb broadband and had the option of 1000mb, so fiber extreme. For 30 minutes yesterday I was told I couldn't get fiber at all with the only explanation of why two apartments within the same building would have different availability being " there are many cabinets in every town". I find it impossible to believe one building is connected to two separate cabinets
    It looks like the tools that are being used to check availability are completely wrong??
    Also I sent you a PM with the address to check. Thanks
    It is possible that two apartments in the same building are connected to different cabinets especially if this house was converted into two apartments. If the original line was coming into the other apartment, when the house was converted, the line at your home may have had to be connected to a different cabinet. this isn't a certainty though.  I will go through my PM's today, check your line for you and I'll be back in touch as soon as I have an update on this for you.

- Adam

Advertisement