Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Advice: 2017 iMac vs 2015 Refurb

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,675 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

There's not a huge difference between them for your kind of usage, so the 2015 model with extra RAM might be the better bet. The specs don't tell the whole story, though, and I'd recommend reading some reviews of the 2017 model as it has other improvements such a brighter screen, future-proofed Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports, quieter fan, faster SSD, etc, that you might want to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

definitely up the ram on the new model or install extra yourself. I would always go with the newer one anyway, the GPU is better which will help with video editing and as advised future proofed with TB3 and USB C

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I ended up going for the newer model, figuring the better GPU, screen and fan etc justified the cost. I also bought some third party RAM. I had my last iMac for seven years!

Advertisement